Andrey Pedan AHL

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
wow, tough kid. Looks like he throws VERY hard. Don't wanna leave yourself open against this guy

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
He has a concussion history, and has another (seemingly) serious concussion after the last fight.

The team isn't releasing any info about his health, or the severity, but he hasn't played since the injury.

His career could be in jeopardy. Let's presume he comes back; barring a miracle, I think you can expect him to fight very little in the future.

He only knows how to fight wide open; if he's not already there, he's one big punch away from a guy that retires young due to concussion issues that will affect his life for a long time to come.

His game had improved dramatically before the injury, at both ends of the ice. He could still make it as a player (especially now that there is so little fighting in the NHL, and the top guys aren't super scary (with a few obvious exceptions).

McGrattan would kill Pedan (even without the concussion history). Maybe that would be different if he were to put in 20-30 pounds, and with more experience fighting top end NHL tough guys, but pre KO loss, he wasn't in McGrattans league.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I think it was just a numbers game. We had to many defensemen down in Bridgeport that somebody basically had to sit. Pedan just was the odd man out. If we didn't have so many recent defensemen draftpicks I am guessing we would have kept him.

For me he has always had the " Chara " factor.
Zdeno was not expected to be a star then he became a hockey player.
I just hope we didn't make the same mistake 2 times. Pedan in his own way has all the tools.
He may one day put it all together. My issue is we traded him for basically nothing and a draft pick .
For me, his risk was better than what we would get with the pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad