Andrey Pedan AHL

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Man can this kid fight!

6'4" or 6'5" 215lbs defenseman for the Utica Comets. Is he the biggest, nastiest fighter in the AHL. At 21yr old, he already has 2 complete KO's.

Who would beat this guy right now? Is there a better fighter in the AHL?

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Not sure what Guptill was thinking, Pedan throws HARD.

It's too bad the cameraman missed half the fight, but the shot at the end was HARD.

At 21 he's already proven himself to be a wrecking ball during fights. Anyone else in the AHL that could hang with Pedan? Only guy I can think of right now is Big Ern. Too bad Gazdic is with the Oil right now, that'd be another I'd like to see.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think we had a thread on him before... he looks good but he's also never really many heavyweights at any point in his career. In fact he's barely even fought in his career in general. He'll probably end this season with more fights than he's had in the last 4 years combined so there's no real track record to go on compared to the top heavyweights who have been the top fighters since they were about 17. So ya, he looks good but until he proves he can beat heavyweights rather than beating up on middleweights like he is right now I don't put that much stock into it... i'd say he's a top 20 fighter in the AHL right now but that's about it, there are some really really tough guys down there

Last edited:

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Wouldn't mind seeing him go with Rechlicz. On that note, can this kid play the game at all?

It's hard to say if he'll be an NHL defenseman. Right now he's a top 4 type guy with Utica. He skates very well, and not just for a guy his size. He hits like a truck, and has a laser for a shot. I think his issues are with reading the play, and defensive awareness. You could probably squeeze him in a #6 slot right now, but he'd have to get better defensively.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I think we had a thread on him before... he looks good but he's also never really many heavyweights at any point in his career. In fact he's barely even fought in his career in general. He'll probably end this season with more fights than he's had in the last 4 years combined so there's no real track record to go on compared to the top heavyweights who have been the top fighters since they were about 17. So ya, he looks good but until he proves he can beat heavyweights rather than beating up on middleweights like he is right now I don't put that much stock into it... i'd say he's a top 20 fighter in the AHL right now but that's about it, there are some really really tough guys down there

I don't get the sense Pedan is an "enforcer", more of a tough defenseman. At 21 years old, he has 25 fights already since coming to NA.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
I'm hoping for Pedan vs. Devane at some point. Both guys are monsters.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It's hard to say if he'll be an NHL defenseman. Right now he's a top 4 type guy with Utica. He skates very well, and not just for a guy his size. He hits like a truck, and has a laser for a shot. I think his issues are with reading the play, and defensive awareness. You could probably squeeze him in a #6 slot right now, but he'd have to get better defensively.
Right now the only reason you are calling him up over Corrado or Sanguinetti is if you are gooning up for a physical opponent or playoff match.

He could turn into something solid, though.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Wouldn't mind seeing him go with Rechlicz. On that note, can this kid play the game at all?

Based upon reviews from Utica fans that get to see him play regularly:

Pro's:
a good skater, booming point shot, can make a nice outlet pass, has decent offensive instincts

Con's:
hockey sense (pertaining esp to the defensive side of the game) maybe lacking, defensive miscues

He's definitely not a 1-dimensional fighter type though. He's got the skills to play the game.
He sounds like he can be a good NHL defenceman if he learn the defensive side of the game.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Could he be converted to a 4th line winger if he can't work out the defensive side of the game?

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
Not sure if it was the issue, but he missed at least one curfew with Kabanov (the one that got Kabanov exiiled). Might have some growing up to do still, but Snow got him away from the Isles for some reason. I liked his offensive game the few times I saw him (defensively he missed some assignments) and of course he can scrap

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
but Snow got him away from the Isles for some reason

I think it was just a numbers game. We had to many defensemen down in Bridgeport that somebody basically had to sit. Pedan just was the odd man out. If we didn't have so many recent defensemen draftpicks I am guessing we would have kept him.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
nasty fighter with great technique, i love how he extends his arm to his opponents face in order to stay out of range while he throws bombs. hes really good at jersey pulls too :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad