Prospect Info: Andrey Makarov: Goalie of the future?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Is he gonna be our guy one day?? Everything I've seen and read about him seems to suggest that he could be very, very good one day. He was dynamite in the WJHC, and I heard some Russian announcer had commented that he thought he could be the best Russian goalie since Tretiak. What are our thoughts?? Post-Miller era, is he it??

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Hold your horses my friend.
We'll have to see how he does in the AHL first, then we can talk about him being anything.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
He's been a great pickup so far for sure, and I'd love to have the next guy in the system because we all know it isn't Enroth. For now though, cart ahead of the horse.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
If he's so good it's weird he was just sitting there for anyone to sign. Any idea on why that was the case?
Consistency, playing style, and offers from KHL/VHL teams on the table.

The latter is also why he was passed over in the QMJHL Dispersal Draft and able to go to Saskatoon.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
How's Linus Ullmark doing? I think that's his name haha.

SEems to be having a good year. More importantly, he does a kick-ass moonwalk celebration dance after every victory. And I don't just mean he does a few steps in his crease. It seems like he comes back out onto the ice when the other players are gone and puts on a solo routine for the crowd. Nice.

edit - I can't get the YT to embed - sorry

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
SEems to be having a good year. More importantly, he does a kick-ass moonwalk celebration dance after every victory. And I don't just mean he does a few steps in his crease. It seems like he comes back out onto the ice when the other players are gone and puts on a solo routine for the crowd. Nice.

fixed

Gotta love the personality to pull that one off.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

Take the characters after the slash (ej8WvGPetyI) and put yt tags around only that and you'll be in business.

Grahn

Nov 9, 2011
In my opinion both are still way too young to be able to evaluate, both two young promising goaltenders are better than one. Personally i also like Ullmarks style better, he always seems calm and in control of the crease. but I'll admit my viewings of both has been very limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

baeng

Have seen the most of Ullmark's games this season, and he doesn't really do any bad games at all. Though he's the backup goalie of Modo, and I would like to see him play more continous before I would say him being a goali for Sabres' future.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Such a long road for goaltenders and they can fall off and come back on the path at any point. I will say that I like how he seems to perform well in big games. That's a plus.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
When is he going to be coming to AHL?
He should be playing pro at some level next year, but it could be lower than the AHL.
His contract begins next season regardless of what level he plays at and sending him back to junior is not viable since it's rare for teams to want to burn an overage spot and an import spot on one player (teams are limited to three overage players and two imports, Makarov would count as both), so it's pretty much assured that he'll be in the AHL or ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad