Andrew Shaw Disciplinary Hearing (suspended 3 pre-season games)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually...

- Some Caps players went borderline on some Habs players. Mostly Zach Sill and Liam O'Brien.
- Shaw was victim of something he deemed was a slewfoot from Beagle. Whether it was a slewfoot or not is irrelevant.
- Then charged Hobbs from behind and accepted Nathan Walker's challenge (Walker tried to goad Nathan Beaulieu in a fight earlier on).

The chippiness stopped after that.

The hit on Hobbs was stupid, and it's really a case of "losing his calm" as opposed to "retaliation". I have no problem with Shaw fighting Walker (I mean, Walker challenged him), but the hit on Hobbs? Just jump Beagle next time, and please don't do it when it matters, m'kay?

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Didn't watch the game so I don't have full context, just saw the replay of the hit itself. It was bad. Really bad.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think Shaw saw him until the last second and was just involuntarily defending himself. Plus he was probably dazed from the concussion he sustained when Beagle tripped him.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Shaw showing once again what an idiot he is.

Gets mad about what looks like a slew foot from Beagle, then decides to board a guy because he's mad. See's he got the penalty so gives an extra shove on the guy who's down.

Class act all the way.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dirty play, poor class. Disgusting.

Hopefully he misses at least one regular season game.

What could/will happen that will make them regret it?

Him taking a stupid penalty which causes them to lose a game?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There's a lot of saints in here. Haven't you people ever made a mistake when you weren't aware of your surroundings?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There's a lot of saints in here. Haven't you people ever made a mistake when you weren't aware of your surroundings?

That's a good excuse. I guess when I'm unaware of my surroundings, my natural reaction should be to violently attack the nearest bystander.

By the way, there was a bit of a buffer between when the trip occurred and when Shaw unnecessarily boarded Hobbs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kind of rooting for Shaw to go the Avery route of beeing bought out by his new club really fast and washing out of the league. Still can't believe Montreal gave 6 years to a Clown like Shaw.
Once Therrien and Bergevin are fired ( hopefully soon ) new management will have some cleaning up to do.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Saints? Yea, I was impressed. Boarding a kid. Then fighting a smaller kid. Notice that he didn't want Beagle who is bigger and an actual grown up NHL player. Grandstanding too. Yup. Nothing to complain about there.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
As a Habs fan, that was a dangerous hit, and getting ejected from the game was deserved. However, I do not feel that it is sufficient enough for a suspension. The ejection was enough. Now as for pumping up the crowd during the fight, some may think it's classless and idiotic, which is fine, but think about it from his perspective. He's playing his first "game" as a member of a new team, in his new home building. He's just thrown a massive hit, he's fired up, he's trying to become respected by his new fans.
I don't think anything warrants a suspension, maybe a fine, but even then, I think the ejection was sufficient.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
As a Habs fan, that was a dangerous hit, and getting ejected from the game was deserved. However, I do not feel that it is sufficient enough for a suspension. The ejection was enough. Now as for pumping up the crowd during the fight, some may think it's classless and idiotic, which is fine, but think about it from his perspective. He's playing his first "game" as a member of a new team, in his new home building. He's just thrown a massive hit, he's fired up, he's trying to become respected by his new fans.
I don't think anything warrants a suspension, maybe a fine, but even then, I think the ejection was sufficient.

Well this explains that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad