Confirmed with Link: Andrew MacDonald on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wouldn’t it have been better to just stick him in the AHL all year?

Good for Fletcher that he realized Mac shouldn’t play even a single NHL game for the Flyers, but he might’ve been useful for the Phantoms.

I doubt they use up the cap space this provides this year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Good for Fletcher that he realized Mac shouldn’t play even a single NHL game for the Flyers, but he might’ve been useful for the Phantoms.

If its mutual termination that means MacDonald is walking away from $5.75M

No owner or GM is going to say ,, Wait please stay and take our money to play in minors

Maybe the wording is wrong on flyers tweet but unconditional waivers and termination of contract is not how one would describe a buyout

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
PYs86.gif
Criminally underrated movie.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

NO

Then he is an option. Now he is no longer an option. I don't care if David Schlemko literally defecates on the ice instead.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
i am not a fan of buying out a guy with one year left when you have cap room to spare in the remaining year. Rather he be sent to LHV prior to pre season (be on the B squad from camp on) and let him help a young depleted LHV D core.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The cost of the buyout on Philadelphia’s salary cap is as follows:
2019-20: $1.117MM
2020-21: $1.917MM

Considering he had a $5MM AAV, the buyout will save the Flyers roughly $3.833MM for next season.

Reactions: DaphneLion

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
- trades Simmonds
- fires Hakstol
- hires the best available coach with proven NHL track record
- actually gets the young d a proper mentor by acquiring veteran RHD who provides lineup flexibility and comes with plethora of experience
- AMac finally gets cancelled

The best 6-month timeline we could've realistically hoped for tbh. wtg FLETCH

uB7MNNt.png

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
i am not a fan of buying out a guy with one year left when you have cap room to spare in the remaining year. Rather he be sent to LHV prior to pre season (be on the B squad from camp on) and let him help a young depleted LHV D core.
Out of respect They might have asked Andy for his preferences. Contract termination at least gives him a slight opportunity to sign with another NHL team

Reactions: Foggy14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad