Confirmed with Link: Andrew Hammond to sign with Wild (1 year, 650K, 2-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
hamburglar.jpg

Other than that, I got nothin'. Hope he's cheap.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Doesn't seem like he's been very good aside from that run with Ott. Seems like Stalock would have the inside edge but I guess it will come down to who Fenton prefers. At least we will have a Svedberg type in Iowa.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not a fan of this move. Hope I'm wrong but don't think he's an NHL level player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Wild needed another goalie in their system. He can fight with Stalock for the backup spot or be an injury callup with NHL experience. FWIW he had as many wins in the Playoffs last year as Dub.

Meh signing right now, but needed from an organizational standpoint.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I love watching Stalock handle the puck, and he was actually pretty good in stretches last year. Still, how can you go wrong with the Hamburglar?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The Wild needed another goalie in their system. He can fight with Stalock for the backup spot or be an injury callup with NHL experience. FWIW he had as many wins in the Playoffs last year as Dub.

Meh signing right now, but needed from an organizational standpoint.
Stalock should be the guy going to the AHL. I wanted an actual NHL backup, not another Stalock

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Almost seems like a Kuemper. When he's on, he's obviously on. Other than that, he's below average. I bet Stalock beats him out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Stalock should be the guy going to the AHL. I wanted an actual NHL backup, not another Stalock

Looks like backups are about $3m signings this offseason: Ward, Halak, Hutton, Bernier, Khudobin. All of them have some warts too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah
Looks like backups are about $3m signings this offseason: Ward, Halak, Hutton, Bernier, Khudobin. All of them have some warts too.
Yeah, Haven't seen a goalie contract that I would care to see the Wild sign yet.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Why do teams sign backups to those ridiculous amounts? Honestly, I think backup goalie is one of the least important positions in the entire league. Spending more than $1M on a backup just seems silly. The skill gap between a <$1M backup and a $3M backup is not big.

I guess if your starter gets injured, but I really think there's a parity between the goalies in this league. Apparently having a good defensive system allows us to not worry about spending big money on a backup.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah

Yeah, Haven't seen a goalie contract that I would care to see the Wild sign yet.

Lehner is the last goalie left that I have any interest in, but not willing to spend $3m on him.

It might end up sinking the season, but Stalock/Hammond for under $1m as the backup seems like much better option than the expensive route.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Lehner is the last goalie left that I have any interest in, but not willing to spend $3m on him.

It might end up sinking the season, but Stalock/Hammond for under $1m as the backup seems like much better option than the expensive route.
I was hoping for Mrazek on a cheap 1 year "prove it" deal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was hoping for Mrazek on a cheap 1 year "prove it" deal.

Even Chad Johnson got $1.75m. Staying away from the backup goalie market seems like the smart thing to to this year.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Even Chad Johnson got $1.75m. Staying away from the backup goalie market seems like the smart thing to to this year.
Mrazek to the Canes for 1 year $1.5M. I would've done that deal over Hammond.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I see this move as competition for Kaapo Kahkonen in Iowa.

I’d love to see one of them challenge Stalock for the backup position.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
the pad designs look disturbingly like Bikini bottoms.

Well now it's an inquiring minds want to know thing: Does he wear matching bikini bottoms to go with his pads when he's on the ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad