Andrew Gross is our new beat writer

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
He seems a bit more... chatty than TG, especially about his personal life.

Probably just trying to win us over right now because TG left some mighty large shoes to fill and this guy was the Rangers beat writer for the past few years. Tough gig for him. I don't really like his style compared to TG from whenever I went to check out the rangers blog he ran, but I'm sure he'll do fine.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I like Gross. TG was one of the best in the business, but this is a guy that has been around and does good work. It'll be nice to have someone experienced around again with Chris Ryan still learning the ropes. Could have been much worse.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I would like to point this out from one of his F&I articles:

Devils alumni Ken Daneyko, Bryce Salvador and Bruce Driver will participapte in a fan event on the Jersey Shore on Aug. 20, starting at noon.

Spoken like a poet. Almost Daneyko-ian in a sense.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He seems a bit more... chatty than TG, especially about his personal life.

I don't mind getting to know people a little bit, especially if I'm gonna (hopefully) be spending time reading quite a bit of his material.

I don't think he'll pump out as many blogs per day as Gulitti did, just judging by how many he did when he wrote for the Rangers. But we were spoiled with the abundance of content that TG provided us with.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
its been a transition and ive been satisfied with his words so far, sure less frequent but solid reporting so far on the beat

im glad…..he does a good job and i look forward optimistic

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
its been a transition and ive been satisfied with his words so far, sure less frequent but solid reporting so far on the beat

im glad…..he does a good job and i look forward optimistic

The reason why it wasn't frequent was because he just filled in, he wasn't our beat reporter. He is now. He doesn't cover two teams anymore. Covering the Devils is his new full time gig.

I'm just glad we have a beat reporter again. It's been brutal without one.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
It will be hard to follow TG. His overall depth and volume of posts were amazing. I also liked how he would drop down in the comments section and put some fans in their place. Its hard to make judgments because its the offseason and he has be on vacation.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I would argue that a beat writer who's a fan of your team is exactly the opposite of what you want.

Agreed. It's hard to read Jets and Mets media. You can tell these guys are fans and it comes through in their disgust when the teams just Mets or Jets for the 423415 time.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The reason why it wasn't frequent was because he just filled in, he wasn't our beat reporter. He is now. He doesn't cover two teams anymore. Covering the Devils is his new full time gig.

I'm just glad we have a beat reporter again. It's been brutal without one.

this was not lost on me, i knew……but ya, im glad we got someone again and it seems so far that he's pretty good

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
Andrew is an excellent hockey writer. He is not Tom, he has his own style. But it is absolutely worth reading his work. I have worked with him for years and I never felt that he was anything other than objective about the Rangers or their players.

Since HF, the main site, has gone dormant in July, I will be switching beats too. Starting this month, I will be working as the Devils beat writer for NY Sports Day (www.nysportsday.com). Early on, I will be doing double duty, but am expected to fully cover the Devils' stories for all home games.

We hope that you will read both Andrew's and my work.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andrew is an excellent hockey writer. He is not Tom, he has his own style. But it is absolutely worth reading his work. I have worked with him for years and I never felt that he was anything other than objective about the Rangers or their players.

Since HF, the main site, has gone dormant in July, I will be switching beats too. Starting this month, I will be working as the Devils beat writer for NY Sports Day (www.nysportsday.com). Early on, I will be doing double duty, but am expected to fully cover the Devils' stories for all home games.

Thanks.

I'll definitely give it a look! I'm always looking for more Devils material and coverage to read!

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for the heads up, definitely bookmarking you alongside Fire & Ice and HF.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Welcome to covering the Devils. We could always use more beat writers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad