Waived: Andrew Ebbett

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Wouldn't we be on the hook for the full cap hit if we sent him down? I don't think we get any relief at all with a 35+ player.

I believe it's 150k off their salary, but it's been some time since I read up on those types of contracts.

It's a moot point anyway.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Should have been Sill or Adams before Ebbett...but that could have something to do with management hoping someone will take him...whereas no one likely takes Sill or Adams...

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
i honestly think adams would be claimed.. a desperate team in need of penalty killing help.. or a young team looking for "leadership"

I doubt it. I'm sure every team has the odd plug kicking around in their system, and there is nothing notable about Adams' leadership abilities. You know how you hear about some guys who are regarded as leaders not only by their own team but around the league (like a Gary Roberts)? Adams isn't that type of guy. Since he's not really useful as a player, his unremarkable "leadership" skills won't be the difference maker.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I doubt it. I'm sure every team has the odd plug kicking around in their system, and there is nothing notable about Adams' leadership abilities. You know how you hear about some guys who are regarded as leaders not only by their own team but around the league (like a Gary Roberts)? Adams isn't that type of guy. Since he's not really useful as a player, his unremarkable "leadership" skills won't be the difference maker.

Not to mention the multiple clashes with teammates and the media being like "oh, that... yeah, that's old news with him." The best hope would be that JR is close to a GM who can take Craigers off our hands out of the kindness of their heart and that JR wants to do it.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Adams is more likely to be re-signed than waived. We need to just accept that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Did anyone seriously think he wouldn't clear? The Penguins can waive Sill and Adams and they would too, they're utter trash, Ebbett, Adams, and Sill.

Yet some how, at some point, they played regular minutes on this team, Andrew no longer, but Sill and Adams, yes.

I like Mike Johnston and the staff, but until they move on from ****** garbage like that, they are not going to have the kind of roster that will do well in the playoffs, because you need strong lines from 1-4. This team has maybe 2.5.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
You'd assume a guy like Ebbett would clear with no problem, then again there's always an oddball claim every once in a while, like Nate Prosser.

The best part of Ebbett being up was hearing the idiotic local sports media referring to him as a young guy with energy.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't take this team seriously as a contender as long as they employ guys like Craig Adams and Sill and continue to give dime a dozen AHL'ers like Ebbett chances. A team that wants to be taken seriously should have better depth than that.

My only hope this year in the playoff is to see Fleury play awesome and not be the reason the Pens are out, this place might be bearable in June then.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I can't take this team seriously as a contender as long as they employ guys like Craig Adams and Sill and continue to give dime a dozen AHL'ers like Ebbett chances. A team that wants to be taken seriously should have better depth than that.

My only hope this year in the playoff is to see Fleury play awesome and not be the reason the Pens are out, this place might be bearable in June then.

It's not like they are playing these guys by choice. With as many injuries as the Penguins have had this year any team would be playing some ahl scrubs. Do the Pens have the best depth in the league? Of course not. They do have decent depth though and fully healthy guys like Adams and Sill shouldn't be playing.

Now the question is whether MJ has the sense to bench Adams when the team is fully healthy. I really hope so as seeing Adams at least healthy scratched would make me outright giddy.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The problem is, Adams and Sill should only be playing if there are injuries but on this team, they're ****ing regulars. I don't think they would be regulars on any other team in the NHL including the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00