Waived: Andrew Ebbett

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Interesting, they obviously have more faith in Archie. I thought Ebbett looked okay in his time here, I assume he doesn't get claimed.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So they'll recall someone soon?

I said yesterday that Rust would probably be demoted yesterday (only one who could do so without waivers), then one of the 4th liners would be waived, then Rust recalled after they cleared. That's what I expect to happen. Rust recalled tomorrow.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I said yesterday that Rust would probably be demoted yesterday (only one who could do so without waivers), then one of the 4th liners would be waived, then Rust recalled after they cleared. That's what I expect to happen. Rust recalled tomorrow.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Sounds logical.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hope he clears purely as he's a nice AHL centre for Rust, Wilson, etc to play with.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
They brought in archie, and sent rust down. Was waiving Ebbett/sending him down necessary for the roster limit?

anyone wonder if this is part of something else?

nvrmind... just saw iced capp's post, that makes sense...

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Makes sense. Arcobello's a similar, younger, more physical player that isn't suffering from journeyman "my dream is dead, but I've got bills to pay" burnout.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'd be shocked if he's claimed, I mean we put the first claim in on Arcobello who is a more enticing than Ebbett.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
They brought in archie, and sent rust down. Was waiving Ebbett/sending him down necessary for the roster limit?

anyone wonder if this is part of something else?

My guess is its probably a cap thing, early in the year when the pens were mostly healthy they were going with 12 forwards and 6 def.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Yes. He would be useful in WBS, for sure. But contract limit is more important for us. Anyway, it´s pretty safe to say that he won´t be claimed. No potential in him to make an impact in the NHL.

And he makes like 300k at the AHL level so that isn't helping

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Has no one said it should have been Adams yet?

They should expose him to waivers every 30 days and hope someone bites.

However, he is a 35+ contract so they only get 150,000 off his salary if he is sent down.

Still have no idea wtf Shero was thinking with this deal. Had to have been DB whispering in his ear.

One year deal, then another (If you are that dumb), etc. No one is running out to sign Adams July 1st.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think teams with visions of tanking the season might be willing to claim Ebbett, actually. Not a knock against him, but adding a guy like him gives the cosmetic appearance of trying to improve your team, while still being squarely conscious of the ultimate prize (McDavid/Eichel).

I could see Arizona, Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, Carolina making a claim. Remember, some of these teams are going to be selling off assets in a month or less. They'll need NHL players once the dust settles.

Crossing my fingers.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
I'd like to see him claimed. Aren't we up against the 50-contract limit?

Pens started with 50 contracts, but both Jarry & KK slide so down to 48 contracts to start the season. Then Samuelsson-Klinkhammer-Perron didn't involve any contract changes. Arcobello makes 49 contracts.

They have needed a few PTOs in WBS to combat the call-ups leaving, but I don't think any of those count against the 50 contract limit. Or if they do, they have been temporary and not a problem.

It will be interesting as the European leagues seasons start ending. Sundqvist can come over and play as he is already counted as one of the 49. But KK's contract is currently sliding so he doesn't count. If he plays, that brings the contract number back up to 50 assuming no other players are traded or waived & picked up. I think.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Still got one open contract spot. We're at 49 right now (Kapanen and Jarry don't count towards the limit).
That´s still not ideal. We have to think twice about every other possible move because of this. Clearing one contract spot would definitely help, but yeah, it´s not that big of a deal.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
That´s still not ideal. We have to think twice about every other possible move because of this. Clearing one contract spot would definitely help, but yeah, it´s not that big of a deal.

It doesn't matter at all. Any move made with another team a contract could easily be moved with no effort at all. Anything done internally they have plenty of options and would never be screwed.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
They should expose him to waivers every 30 days and hope someone bites.

However, he is a 35+ contract so they only get 150,000 off his salary if he is sent down.

Still have no idea wtf Shero was thinking with this deal. Had to have been DB whispering in his ear.

One year deal, then another (If you are that dumb), etc. No one is running out to sign Adams July 1st.

Wouldn't we be on the hook for the full cap hit if we sent him down? I don't think we get any relief at all with a 35+ player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00