Andrew copp

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
What would happen to Larkin's offense if he had 1 min of PP time taken away?

I do understand there are reasons and Copp was passed by others when in need of offense because they are just better in that regard, but I have no issue with Copp or his contract. I think his signing was important and he will be continue to be so for atleast the next couple seasons, for better or worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
But come on man, we all have eyes and saw how Copp performed in the ice. He generated next to nothing in terms of offensive opportunities. That’s on him, not the coach.
Copp is 1 player - not a star by any means - you could say the same for any number of guys wearing the Winged Wheel jersey...The team as a whole underperformed - that usually falls upon the coaching staff too.

Reactions: Gibby and Gniwder

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
One guy is also doing this as an NHL rookie winger making sub 1 million and one guy is doing it at almost 30 years old after many years in the NHL while making almost six million.

The 6 million player also makes disastrous bonehead mistakes in the D zone despite being a "defensive" player. Copp makes mistakes almost every game that would get a rookie stapled to the bench.

I'm not in love with Berggen (would rather see him traded at the draft) but Copp is probably one of the worst contracts in the NHL right now and could easily be replaced with Danielson or Kasper without much drop off.

No, no, no no.

Berggren doesn't get the benefit of the doubt for being a rookie. He's been treated as a "why isn't this guy playing" and Copp as a "why does this guy play" when they are wildly similar in offensive production and in the same time, Berggren was given positive O-zone starts and Copp was deployed heavily defensively.

I was underlining mostly to say that Berggren didn't provide any god damn offense either in his 1000 minutes. So if you're upset about Copp's offensive performance, you shouldn't also be praising Berggren's.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
One guy is also doing this as an NHL rookie winger making sub 1 million and one guy is doing it at almost 30 years old after many years in the NHL while making almost six million.

The 6 million player also makes disastrous bonehead mistakes in the D zone despite being a "defensive" player. Copp makes mistakes almost every game that would get a rookie stapled to the bench.

I'm not in love with Berggen (would rather see him traded at the draft) but Copp is probably one of the worst contracts in the NHL right now and could easily be replaced with Danielson or Kasper without much drop off.

The sections I bolded are both false. It's spacegoat revisionist history.

Copp's isn't even the worst contract on the team, let alone league. Off the top of my head there's always Huberdeau, Campbell, Vlasic...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Copp is getting slower and softer by the day. This contract will not age well. I have no idea why people are still defending it.

And I still think it's funny that Stevie could have signed Strome instead. He's from Ontario. It would have been fun to watch the Blackhawks line.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'm amused that you think you wouldn't be the first person on the "get Strome TF out of Detroit" bandwagon on our 2nd line had he signed with us. He's been spoonfed top line icetime with the best wingers over the last 3 years.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm amused that you think you wouldn't be the first person on the "get Strome TF out of Detroit" bandwagon on our 2nd line had he signed with us. He's been spoonfed top line icetime with the best wingers over the last 3 years.

He would've been playing 2C between Cat and Kane. Remember when everyone said his numbers were padded by playing with those guys? Well, guess which team they played for this season?

• Haha
Reactions: WaW

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He would've been playing 2C between Cat and Kane. Remember when everyone said his numbers were padded by playing with those guys? Well, guess which team they played for this season?
Now do '22--'23 and the first half of this season. Your pitchfork would have been out well before that line became an opportunity.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Now do '22--'23 and the first half of this season. Your pitchfork would have been out well before that line became an opportunity.

That's hypothetical, we don't know how Strome would've played with Kubalik, Raymond, or Perron. And even if I had gotten the pitchfork out, I'd be eating crow this season.

Copp on the other hand got worse. Isn't it apparent that his skating fell off this season? Only two people have acknowledged that despite it being almost as obvious as Perron's slow ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad