Confirmed with Link: Andrej Nestrasil re-signed 2 years, 912.5k avg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Very happy with this, and glad we got him signed for 2 years. He showed a lot of promise last year.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
solid signing, especially at that salary. with the current roster, he will probably be slotted all over the lineup throughout the year so guess we will see where he fits in best and go from there.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Certainly fine with this one. I think with his tools he's easily a 4th liner, which this salary is fine for, but he showed the upside to move up a bit and potentially be a pretty good 3rd liner. I enjoyed watching the way he played the game, so hopefully he keeps bringing it that way.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
This is an interesting departure from the Terry thread.

Nestrasil is 2 years younger and could probably play on the 4th line and maybe kill penalties (even though he hasn't really done that). Also only got about 10 seconds less per game on the PP than Terry. In an ideal world, neither of them are probably on it though.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Nestrasil is 2 years younger and could probably play on the 4th line and maybe kill penalties (even though he hasn't really done that). Also only got about 10 seconds less per game on the PP than Terry. In an ideal world, neither of them are probably on it though.

Let's be clear, this is a good signing. I'm busting balls because this is a complete contrast to the last minor signing they made. Especially since this one is an RFA who was going nowhere and probably would have signed a QO.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Nestrasil is younger than Terry. He produced at a slightly better pace. I think he passes the eye test more than Terry and I like how he plays the game. He supposedly had interest from a number of other teams when on waivers, which means he was actually wanted, unlike Terry.

ETA: I don't dislike Terry, just think his contract should have been either lower, two way, or both, based on those factors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad