Andrei Vasilevskiy

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
What is his contract status in the KHL? Do you expect him to come to NA next season?

He should get a contract offer the minute after he confirms he will be coming to the North America. He has already said he will be coming over for next season and wanted to this season but his KHL team wouldn't release him.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I love Bishop right now but I see a very good chance of us moving him in 2-4 years because of Vas. He projects to be as good or better and is far younger. He could be our solid #1 for 15-18 years.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
I love Bishop right now but I see a very good chance of us moving him in 2-4 years because of Vas. He projects to be as good or better and is far younger. He could be our solid #1 for 15-18 years.

But Vas isn't 6'7":sarcasm:

On a serious note, either way we have a good trade chip down the line.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Very true, Kiwi. If Vas develops according to plan and Bish stays this good, it could net us the D we've been wanting.

Goalies havn't held much value lately but I still expect we can get a nice piece in return when the time comes.

On another note, I remember Yzerman once saying that Vas' upside is Jonathon Quick. Loving the depth the Yzerplan has created!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Still at least 3 years from now. Maybe Lindback displays some good trade value between now and then too.

Also, would be pretty hard to upstage Bishop at this point. Who knows, Yzerman may decide to deal Vasilevski if Bishop wins a Vezina trophy or two

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Lindback is very inexperienced at the the Pro level (only 4 AHL games) and is getting a lot better lately, and is a year younger than Bishop. IMO his upside is the same as Bishop (1a goalie). Vasilevskiy upside is an elite #1 goalie, but this is just a projection; a lot can happen to a goalie in 3 years.
Anyway a good problem to have (3 potential starting goalies).

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
:laugh: I love how the article implies he chose the KHL over the Lightning organization when he already had a KHL contract in place so we couldn't even throw an offer at him. Even though the Article implies that we did. :laugh:

Yeah, it's a bit of a joke. Just look at the kids mask. It has the Lightning Bolt and is in full bolts colors. He genuinely seems excited to officially join the Lightning organisation next season.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Yeah, it's a bit of a joke. Just look at the kids mask. It has the Lightning Bolt and is in full bolts colors. He genuinely seems excited to officially join the Lightning organisation next season.

I just looked up the helmet you were talking about... that is a sweet helmet. At least the kid knows how to choose a good helmet design haha.

and the article definitely got it all wrong. Andrey said all along that he was staying in Russia until his contract expired. There never was a doubt from us for this year. Cant wait to see him and Gudlevskis next year in syracuse. We will have the hardest to pronounce tandem in all of the AHL/NHL :laugh:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I just looked up the helmet you were talking about... that is a sweet helmet. At least the kid knows how to choose a good helmet design haha.

and the article definitely got it all wrong. Andrey said all along that he was staying in Russia until his contract expired. There never was a doubt from us for this year. Cant wait to see him and Gudlevskis next year in syracuse. We will have the hardest to pronounce tandem in all of the AHL/NHL :laugh:

Chief: Valvislevskiy... Viselvskiy... Voraceksky... Varlamov... TJ Vasilevskiy... Skivalov...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bob McKenzie just made a weird comment on TSN's WJC preview show. Something to the effect of: "The Tampa Bay Lightning are anticipating Vasilevski in their lineup maybe as early as the end of this year."

Note: He wasn't saying this was likely. He was just saying the Lightning are hoping to get him over here soon.

Caught me by surprise though, because I think McKenzie's probably the best "insider," and he rarely just throws comments out there that haven't been researched (that I've heard anyway -- someone could prove me wrong here). Not that I'm saying I think/hope this will happen. I'm just saying I didn't even think it was a possibility.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Bob McKenzie just made a weird comment on TSN's WJC preview show. Something to the effect of: "The Tampa Bay Lightning are anticipating Vasilevski in their lineup maybe as early as the end of this year."

Note: He wasn't saying this was likely. He was just saying the Lightning are hoping to get him over here soon.

Caught me by surprise though, because I think McKenzie's probably the best "insider," and he rarely just throws comments out there that haven't been researched (that I've heard anyway -- someone could prove me wrong here). Not that I'm saying I think/hope this will happen. I'm just saying I didn't even think it was a possibility.

It simply means that the season in Russia finishes in April, and since he certainly does not go to the WHC, he may be free to go off to NA

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If he does come over that early it would be incentive to:

A) Burn the 1st year off his ELC sooner so he's closer to a bigger payday
B) Have more time to become accustomed to the North American ice.

I doubt he would do anything aside from train with the AHL team though.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

I think that's very important. Having extra time to get adjusted to a different ice surface, while not having any in-game pressure might be invaluable to him. I'm sure he's a competitive kid but patience really is a virtue to goalie development.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I don't believe his ELC would start if he came over after his season ends. Junior players who's team is eliminated from the playoffs can join their NHL or AHL team and not have their ELC started.

Undrafted FA's, like Sustr and Brown, have there's started if they play any games in the NHL.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I don't believe his ELC would start if he came over after his season ends. Junior players who's team is eliminated from the playoffs can join their NHL or AHL team and not have their ELC started.

Undrafted FA's, like Sustr and Brown, have there's started if they play any games in the NHL.

I believe it only works that way if the player has a contract prior to their season starting. If Vasi is signed in April and comes over and begins practicing with the team immediately then he burns a year off his contract. If he signs a PTO then that's another matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad