Andrei Markov vs. Tomas Kaberle

Who was the better defenseman during their prime?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Kaberle easily.... he went through phases.... a solid 2 way elite offensively dmen who many dont realize took a lot of defensive assignments and was a top pk guy 9n the leafs.... to a strictly elite offensive guy. To a subpar dman after his injury issues.

Its sad he gets remembered as a mike green type guy because he was more two way early on.

There was a while there early in his career he was amazing everywhere on the ice.

Over his career markov was better because lasted longer as a top dman. But peak, no question, kaberle. Not even close actually.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kaberle gets underrated. Joe Dirte is right in that he was a good two-way defenseman the first half of his career. Still Markov though

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Kaberle gets underrated. Joe Dirte is right in that he was a good two-way defenseman the first half of his career. Still Markov though

I remember him as soft on d and maddening in his inability to pull the trigger on prime scoring chances. Very smooth customer but I wouldn't call him a 2 way force whatsoever.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I remember him as soft on d and maddening in his inability to pull the trigger on prime scoring chances. Very smooth customer but I wouldn't call him a 2 way force whatsoever.

I think he was pretty decent defensively pre-lockout. It's after the lockout he started to become a lot softer

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It's clearly the player who's team the poster who replies cheers for AINEC.

Unrelated to the stupidity, I'm surprised to see how close they are in both GP and points. Two very good players.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah lots remember him that way. Take a look pre lockout the dirst five years. He was one of the leafs top defensive and pk choices. On a team with guys like dmitri yuskevitch.... they werent short of options... his xareer progression was strange. He came in as a complete dman. First he lost the defense. Then the offense too...

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
as some people pointed out, Markov is one of the most underrated defenseman of all time. Shame that during his prime years, his career was derailed by injuries. He surely had a potential for at least 1 Norris trophy. This is easily Andrei.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Komisarek owes his entire contract to Markov. That's a grade a example of one guy making another look better than he actually is.

The answer is Markov AINEC whatsoever.
Komisarek played his role on that line well. His role was to hit the guy and give the puck to Markov and he got the job done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad