Andrei Markov felt disrespected by Marc Bergevin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Without knowing the context of what he was ignored about, I really can't draw any conclusions here. Trying to play GM by getting Bergevin to sign some random Russian? Yeah, I don't blame Bergevin for ignoring him. It just depends on the context.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Without knowing the context of what he was ignored about, I really can't draw any conclusions here. Trying to play GM by getting Bergevin to sign some random Russian? Yeah, I don't blame Bergevin for ignoring him. It just depends on the context.
It says in the article, Bergevin would not discuss contracts with him. Just gave an offer and said "here you go, sign or don't sign."

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
who cares? when u have such a deep blueline you dont need to treat bums like Markov (who) w respect

Markov: I think we should keep Sergaechev, I think he’s an excellent defender, will be a mainstay on our blue line and I’d love to be the one to take him under my wing

Bergevin:

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
From a non-Habs fan perspective, he treated both Radulov and Markov terribly this summer. Just completely f***ed up both situations. I don't think it has anything to do with nationality though. He's just a shitty GM who thinks "winning" a negotiation and losing the player is preferable to compromising with the player and building a better team.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Alzner plays with more grit, that's a huge bonus in Bergevin's mind.

Who even needs to break the puck out? Certainly not an NHL team with a top four of Weber, Benn, Alzner, Petry!

He has already put the team in a bad spot long-term with the Weber trade (and the Price deal to a lesser extent). Giving Markov an extra year isn't going to change anything.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Are people in here really upset that the Canadiens didn't sign Markov? He seemed brutal last year when I watched the Habs.

As for the article seems like a lot of sour grapes from a guy who isn't good enough. Easier to blame the GM for his "disrepect" than to look in the mirror and lower expectations.

I am no fan of Bergevin but I don't see how he is in the wrong here.

Reactions: BlackWallStreet

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Are people in here really upset that the Canadiens didn't sign Markov? He seemed brutal last year when I watched the Habs.

As for the article seems like a lot of sour grapes from a guy who isn't good enough. Easier to blame the GM for his "disrepect" than to look in the mirror and lower expectations.

I am no fan of Bergevin but I don't see how he is in the wrong here.

Markov isn't a top D in the NHL anymore, but he was still better than anyone else not named Weber on that roster, plus he can actually move the puck. He's played almost 1,000 games for the Habs. I mostly only watch the Habs when they're playing against the Sens, but I've seen him play since he was a rookie and for most of his career, he was an excellent player for the Habs. He was needed on this roster and to top it all off, the Cap wasn't even an issue.

The Sens kind of did the same shitty thing to Alfredsson, lifelong face of the franchise and they screw around with him on his last contract. At the end of the day, both sides were pretty close and something could have been worked out, but ultimately, the wrong decision was made. Same thing seems to have happened with Markov.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Doesn’t sign our 2nd best D, trades our best D prospect, signs Mark Streit, says the defence is better than last year.

What a time to be a Habs fan.

Reactions: Gains

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Where did you read that in the article?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I'd really like to know what russians have done to MB since he likes to treat them like dog****.

Glad he found another diamond in the ruff in Alzner though

I don't think it's a coincidence that Russians are not really on Julien teams. He chased Koko off Boston, chased Markov radulov and sergachev away too. Didn't Koko's agent call out the Habs coaching this year?

I don't think it's a coincidence between Russians not being on Julien teams and Julien was the Habs coach when Kovalev was slashed at the blueline and gave up an open ice OT winner. I think Julien eventually lost his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad