Andrei Markov calm cool collected appreciation thread

habscup*

Andrei Markov has been really good in the playoffs so far, haven't heard much talk about him but there should be. He's always in the right position, rarely makes mistakes, passes are so crisp. He has a great stick, pokechecks at the right times, he's even hitting now! :handclap:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Playing with Subban has given him stability again. They're really working a lot better together than I expected they would.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
..appreciation threads are lame especially when the player is expected to have a good game, come on.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Markov-Subban is actually all kinds of awesome. You'd think you'd want someone more conservative with both of them, but they flat out dominate out there.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
He was hardly calm and cool, more feisty and spicy. Can not remember getting into so many battles and after the whistle fun.

Then again, my memory is going.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I didn't see this thread so here is what I wrote in the PGT
I like that Markov Subban pair... keep it.

Markov played a heck of a game. Always in position and blocked a few key shots that would have been dangerous scoring chances otherwise. One of his best games recently from a defensive POV.

Maybe it's the rest but he's very good out there. Both Markov and Subban benefits from playing with each other.

Dec 2, 2010
I'm glad he's here and healthy but he needs to time his pinches like the veteran he is. He can no longer skate back and lift sticks in time.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I'm glad he's here and healthy but he needs to time his pinches like the veteran he is. He can no longer skate back and lift sticks in time.

He has been... I have yet to see a Sens scoring chance resulting from Markov's bad pinch this playoffs so far.

He's been really good the first 2 games. Only D without a giveaway this post-season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So far I'm very happy with his game. Very worried about him come playoff time but the General has been solid. We need him to be.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I wasn't a fan of playing those 2 together but right now it's looking good. PK is doing his thing and Markov is providing stability. My hope for Markov is that with another summer of training his skating comes back a bit. His overall skating isn't bad but he lost that nice acceleration he used to have to recover on piches, if he can regain some of that he can return to being a top 10-12 NHL d-man.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

It seems to me he's not doing it as much in the playoffs, hopefully he gets the hint. I hope they keep this pairing together and Markov can further learn to adjust to the fact that he can barely skate. He's still making good defensive plays when he doesn't try to rely on the acceleration he doesn't have.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Keep PK and Markov together. PK is worth 2 defensemen on the ice so markov is okay as an extra. Seriously they're doing great so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad