Andrei Loktionov

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Tyler Durden, Jul 15, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Registered User

Will he make the Kings lineup next year on opening day? Where do you see him playing and with who?

2. Docgonzo

Docgonzo Triple Crown Line

I don't see him making the team opening day due to the fact he plays C so much better than he does at W. There was a drastic difference of play when he on was 1st line LW to when he went to 2C.

Unless the Kings roll

Clifford-Loktionov-Stoll
    Parse-Lewis-Richardson
    ex: Westgarth

As their bottom 6 I see him playing the year in Manchester.

3. R S

R S @avs_tweets

scout
    The Richards trade changes things a bit, but I still think he makes it. I mean, he would've been seeing full time NHL duty already this year if not for an injury.

4. ponder

ponder Registered User

On the one hand I feel like he's definitely ready, on the other hand the Kings are super deep at C with Kopitar/Richards/Stoll, and Loktionov definitely isn't a 4th liner. Docgonzo, how is Stoll on the wing? And I take it the top 6 is pretty much set at:

Penner/Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
    Gagne/Penner - Richards - Brown

5. CNS

CNS A World Alone

Few things.

First, Terry Murray has stated Penner and Kopi will be a pair and Gagne and Richards will be with Williams and Brown switching around.

Second, Stoll will not play wing. He's too good at faceoffs to play wing.

Third, Lokti is definitely NHL ready but will play in the AHL this year. My hope is that they spend the year converting him to a LWer so he could play in a top 6 role as we now have our top 2 centers locked down for years to come. Lokti will thrive in the top 6 and its a waste to have him anywhere but the top 6. He'll definitely be the first callup if a center goes down but expect him to be in the AHL this year.

6. Docgonzo

Docgonzo Triple Crown Line

Yeah, my bottom 6 is very far-fetched. It was just the only way I see, barring injury, Lokti starting the year with the Kings. Stoll will for sure be 3C.

7. deano

deano Registered User

Stoll could still take faceoffs while playing on the wing. There is no rule that says the centerman must take the faceoff. Players just rotate and adjust during play. Or Lokti could come in on the wing? I think he makes the team out of camp, and is expected to play a defensively sound role in the bottom six, with time on the power play. It worked for Datsyuk in Detroit...

8. SMoneyMonkey

SMoneyMonkey Registered User

Only way I see it happening is if Stoll performs horribly and goes on the 4th line with Lokti on the 3rd. But, I don't see that happening.

9. Loso

Loso Registered User

Fantastic trade chip for a cup run right now.

10. deano

deano Registered User

There's a hole on RW with Simmer's departure, and one of Stoll, Lokti, Lewis, or Richardson is going to fill it. It'll all depends on who has chemistry together. Stoll is slated for the 3rd line Center spot, but things can change rapidly during the season.

11. outofrange

outofrange Registered User

With the Schenn trade and with Stollie being a UFA at the end of the season, Lokti is going to remain a King.

He definitely has all the skills of a top 6 center, but his body needs to catch up with him. He looked so much better and so much more effective last season when he was used as a center that I doubt management tries to convert him to wing again.

He'll get first line duty in the AHL this season and be the first call-up if a center goes down. Great problem to have.

12. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    Did anybody else think "wasn't Simmer a LW"... and... "that hole has been there for a long time, wow!".... and... "how on earth are the players mentioned going to replace a 56-goal scorer..."
    :blush:

13. SMoneyMonkey

SMoneyMonkey Registered User

You don't put Stoll on the wing. He's by far the best faceoff man the Kings have. And ... Parse.

14. CNS

CNS A World Alone

I know but Terry Murray won't do that. Stoll will play center. Trevor Lewis is playing center. They're penciled in for the 3rd and 4th line roles, leaving no room for Lokti.

15. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Loktionov will be hard pressed for top six minutes, given that he is a much better center than winger, and the Kings have Kopitar and Richards.

He may win himself a spot on the roster as a 4th line center/3rd scoring line role, maybe with a line of Parse - Loktionov - Richardson

But he'll have more chance of success possibly as a center for the 2nd line powerplay of:
    Penner - Loktionov - Brown
    Johnson - Stoll (with Stoll taking the faceoffs)

16. HookKing

HookKing Registered User

Not to mention that Stoll gets kicked out of the circle a huge number of times. If you factor that into FO% he looks much less impressive.

17. Frolov 6'3

Frolov 6'3 Unregistered User

FO win % is only thing that matters and he's always on the top of the league in that category.

18. Vatican Roulette

Vatican Roulette Baile de Los Locos

Home Page:
    Yeah, it got me too. I had know idea his nickname was simmer.

19. deano

deano Registered User

There is no doubt that Stoll is slated for the 3rd line center position going in to training camp. But during the past season he'd been bounced between the 2nd to 4th lines, while also spending time on wing. Lewis has also been lauded for his versatility to play all three forward positions, so there is no guarantee that he finishes the year playing center. There are a lot of variables in the bottom 6, with quite a few players who periodically play out of position. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lokti come in at center or wing in the bottom six. Maybe it's not ideal for him right now as an offensive player, but may be great for his defensive game, and to spend a little time in the NHL

20. LAKings88

LAKings88 Krappo for Kaapo

Lokti will replace Stoll next year in all likelihood.

I'd like to see LA roll four lines:
    Penner Kopi JWilly
    Gagne Richards Brown
    Parse Stoll Loktionov
    Clifford Lewis Richardson
    Westgarth

21. Howard35

Howard35 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    This. I love the kids talent and style but i just don't think that there is a spot for him on the kings after the richards deal. Easily could see him traded for a solid playoff chip. In saying this and having him in my keeper league, i hope it doesnt happen.

22. donpaulo

donpaulo Capt Barry Beck

teacher/translator
    Home Page:
    two injuries that are tough to come back from are shoulders and ankles.

With Lok's size I wonder if he couldn't use some additional muscle.

Wasn't it decided that the kid would move to the wing so he can get a shot with Los Reyes ?

however it pans out this rangers fan will be watching

23. CNS

CNS A World Alone

I'm probably Lokti's biggest fan. I ****ing LOVE the dude and was excited to see him hopefully develop into a great top 6 player.

That being said, the Richards deal changed everything. With him having a very very long term deal and us already having Kopi, who will likely retire a King, Lokti is sadly going to go. He's too skilled to be wasting his talent on the 3rd line of a Terry Murray system. Murray's 3rd line is always his shutdown line and Lokti needs to be able to be free offensively.

I just hope Lokti gets traded to the east. The dude has skill. Plain and simple. He sees the ice so well and is a great setup man. Not only that, he's great defensively (but his offensive power is far superior to the defensive side). He'll tear it up with some other team.

24. Zine

Zine Registered User

His talent is being wasted in LA.

25. HookKing

HookKing Registered User

No its not. If you're counting on your key FO guy to win a key FO but he gets kicked out of the circle then it doesnt matter how good his % is.