Player Discussion Andrei Kuzmenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I don't think it can be stated how bad his backchecking/forechecking was. Hoglander was in a very similiar spot as Kuzmenko, but he has bought in, and he's become a fan favourite.

Put this isn't perspective. The smallest guy on the team Hoglander has 39 hits and 21 takeaways... Kuzmenko on the other hand has 4 hits and 10 takeaways. And you're wondering why Tocchet had him in the dog house?

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Sentimentally, I love his attitude, I'm truly sad to see him go. but... he is not suited for a contending team, which this surprising team suddenly became. He will hit his stride again in Calgary, and I hope he wont burn us next time we play.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Sentimentally, I love his attitude, I'm truly sad to see him go. but... he is not suited for a contending team, which this surprising team suddenly became. He will hit his stride again in Calgary, and I hope he wont burn us next time we play.
He had a great attitude, always positive, always smiling. It does suck to lose that but if he's not going to be be a fit for the structure this team now has under Tocchet, then there's no point paying him 5.5 to just be here taking up space. I'm sad to see him go as well though.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I don't think it can be stated how bad his backchecking/forechecking was. Hoglander was in a very similiar spot as Kuzmenko, but he has bought in, and he's become a fan favourite.

Put this isn't perspective. The smallest guy on the team Hoglander has 39 hits and 21 takeaways... Kuzmenko on the other hand has 4 hits and 10 takeaways. And you're wondering why Tocchet had him in the dog house?
He can’t skate the way Hogs can. Doesn’t have the same explosiveness and athleticism. The other way you can play in a Tocchet system is to have high defensive IQ like Pius Suter. He doesn’t have that either.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kuzmenko was a square peg in a round hole in Vancouver. Keep in mind it wasn't just Tocchet who was frustrated with him. He drove Bruce Boudreu to distraction at times as well.

At 27, he isn't going to suddenly figure out how to play defensive hockey. So to be effective, he'll have to 'out-score' his defensive deficiencies. Could happen in Calgary. But I wouldn't bet on it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to give a lot of credit to his agent Dan Milstein who gave him a lot of support and guidance through a rough year while maintaining a good relattionship with the team.

The writing was on the wall, so I'm feeling relief for Kuzy as he should get lots of playing time in Calgary.
I'm actually not certain how long Kuzy lasts in Calgary. Unless he goes on some sort of heater coming out of the all-star break, he's a candidate to flipped at the TDL, or even in the off-season.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Rumor was he had to waive his Calgary off his No trade list Wonder if Alvin gave him an incentive

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Have to give a lot of credit to his agent Dan Milstein who gave him a lot of support and guidance through a rough year while maintaining a good relattionship with the team.

The writing was on the wall, so I'm feeling relief for Kuzy as he should get lots of playing time in Calgary.
Dan milstein is one of the best agents. Dude was on IV last week but he was still working.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Calgary had permission to talk to him and Millstein directly. He was undoubtedly promised a significant role, I’d guess top 6 + top pp unit.

Confirmed that he's on the first line with Huberdeau Sharangovich and PP1 according to their morning skate today.

Reactions: Nucker101

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm actually not certain how long Kuzy lasts in Calgary. Unless he goes on some sort of heater coming out of the all-star break, he's a candidate to flipped at the TDL, or even in the off-season.
He will probably go on a heater in a more relax environment with no pressure of winning

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
He will probably go on a heater in a more relax environment with no pressure of winning
To do so, he'll have to find chemistry with Jonathan Huberdeau who has been an offensive blackhole all season. Could see Kuz and Sharangovich working well together.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Kuz on the Flames top line ..Huberdeau/ Sharangovich/ Kuz....Some flames fans are concerned that the line could get caved defensively...

Hope Kuzzy scores tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad