Andrei Kostitsyn

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
not really, not with the arrival of Grabovsky atleast and maybe even his little brother since there is no rules on Euros
His little brother is going to be in London next year 99.9% chance, the 0.01% is if he makes the Habs outta training camp. With the likes of Schremp, Bolland and Hunter all gone from London, S.Kostitsyn is going to be the main offensive threat there and the Habs will likely wanna see how he produces with out the likes of Schremp, Bolland and Hunter on his line.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
I saw Kostitsyn alot in Hamilton, I also saw him play in Montreal. In Hamilton some shifts he seemed like he had no desire to do anything, looked like he wasn't trying or giving a full effort, other shifts he was doing magical things and showed what a true talent he is. While he was in Montreal he looked great for the limited icetime he got, I think he will give a 100% if he makes the Canadiens. If he doesn't make the team it could be a big confidence killer.

BANG ON!

chillmat

Jul 1, 2006
Montréal
I think he'll be one of the serious contenders to get a spot on the lineup this season, the others are Chipchura and Latendresse....

In terms of points I think he'll be around 40 pts...

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
His little brother is going to be in London next year 99.9% chance, the 0.01% is if he makes the Habs outta training camp. With the likes of Schremp, Bolland and Hunter all gone from London, S.Kostitsyn is going to be the main offensive threat there and the Habs will likely wanna see how he produces with out the likes of Schremp, Bolland and Hunter on his line.

He's not ready for the AHL yet (even though he's eligible) so yeah, 99.9 seems about right for his chances to return to London next year.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Before our recent moves, it was a good bet that Kostitsyn would make the team out of camp this year. However, there now is not much room for him.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson
Murray - Bonk - Begin

Barring a trade, the only player that Kostitsyn can realistically beat out for a job in camp is Perezhogin. Alexander will have the upper hand, having spent nearly all of last year with the Habs, and looking good in the post-season, so it will take something really really special for Andrei to pass him in the depth charts during camp.

Other rookies have an easier job ahead of them to make the team, but it is not to say they are "better" or "more ready" than Kostitsyn. Chipchura and Lapierre will be trying to show they deserve a spot more than Radek Bonk, while Grabovski will hope to dazzle enough to replace Mike Ribeiro. It all comes down to what spot up front a player is most suited for.

I guess we'll have to see come training camp. Could make for some very difficult decisions, and could force a trade or 2.

Let's say Bonk wasn't in the picture...

Here would be my lineup:

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Kostitsyn
Begin Johnson Murray

Chipchura or Lapierre (to replace any 3rd or 4th center injuries)
Grabovsky (to replace/wake-up Ribs if he doesn't do well)

P.S.: with Bonk, though, we have depth. A season is long (injuries can happen).
It's great that we have lots of depth with Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Grabovsky, Lapierre, Ferland...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad