Player Discussion: Andreas Borgman

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I thought he had composure in his own end, and made smart, accurate outlet passes. That alone is an improvement over Serg some of the time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He was meh. Had a good camp but he's probably sat too long.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He was at fault for a goal, other than that I can't say I noticed him much good or bad.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
He was at fault for a goal, other than that I can't say I noticed him much good or bad.

Yes, he was spectating instead of playing costing 1 goal. For the most part other than that he handled himself like a 6th D. Kinda slow, but handles puck well to release pressue.

I will say if Cernak has a serious injury we are in trouble with only 3 reliable D.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yes, he was spectating instead of playing costing 1 goal. For the most part other than that he handled himself like a 6th D. Kinda slow, but handles puck well to release pressue.

I will say if Cernak has a serious injury we are in trouble with only 3 reliable D.
That entire shift he was floating around with his head cut off. The shift ended with a goal but they had like three good chances prior too.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
OK, I'm apparently the founding and still only member of the Andreas Borgman fan club. I thought he was more than serviceable tonight. Drew two penalties, seemed to skate really well, played with confidence. He's not McDonough, but he's better than Schenn IMO. If he wasn't a LHS I'd be fine with him in a bottom-line pairing.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
OK, I'm apparently the founding and still only member of the Andreas Borgman fan club. I thought he was more than serviceable tonight. Drew two penalties, seemed to skate really well, played with confidence. He's not McDonough, but he's better than Schenn IMO. If he wasn't a LHS I'd be fine with him in a bottom-line pairing.
I was only half watching last night but I thought he looked good when I noticed him too.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
He is nothing special. A warm body that is an emergency starter. He does not help Foote in development. Crazy they are paired.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He’s not even replacement level. Scary that he’s the 4th LHD in the organization. But the top three are second to none!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If you guys go to Leafs forum and read about him, many of them liked him and wanted him to be in NHL. He was recently called the best dman in Liiga.

With his style of play, gritty and sound defensivly he could be a decent 5-6 dman.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If you guys go to Leafs forum and read about him, many of them liked him and wanted him to be in NHL. He was recently called the best dman in Liiga.

With his style of play, gritty and sound defensivly he could be a decent 5-6 dman.
Maybe he's okay for the Leafs but I want him shot into the sun. He is not a good hockey player.

Reactions: The Gongshow

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

He might be a decent 5-6 d-man for the Leafs but we're Cup contenders.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad