Prospect Info: Andreas Borgman

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Whats going on with the guy? I know he's currently recovering from an injury, but why hasn't he been talked about as a guy who can get called up?

He looked real good last year, and would provide a physical edge that would be nice against the Bruins in the playoffs.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
He was heavily sheltered in his NHL stint, didn't look great for the Marlies, and then got injured. He was much better to start this season, got hurt again, but he is practicing now. If the Leafs lose guys like Marincin and Ozhiganov to Free Agency, I could see Borgman serving as an NHL extra. He likely starts with the Marlies though.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He has the same contract as Rosen and played more NHL games than him.

He also brings a physical box out style as well as skate and pass out of the zone.

Left side could look like this next year:

Rielly
Muzzin
Dermott
Borgman

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

He also brings a physical box out style as well as skate and pass out of the zone.

Rielly
Muzzin
Dermott
Borgman

I think Rosen gets the job first, so while I do agree that the only way Borgman sticks here is as a #4, that only happens if one Rielly, Muzzin or Dermott move to RD and Rosen is a full time top 6 guy. Otherwise I think Borgman is traded for a better opportunity. Same with Ozhiganov unless he cracks our top 6 next year as well. It'd be nice to get some mid-round picks back (at least for Borgman; Ozhiganov probably only gets a 6th or 7th).

Reactions: ToMaLe

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Whats going on with the guy? I know he's currently recovering from an injury, but why hasn't he been talked about as a guy who can get called up?

He looked real good last year, and would provide a physical edge that would be nice against the Bruins in the playoffs.
Looked much better last year.

He hasn't been very good since his injury at the end of last year. Concussion this year, he's easily 3rd on the Marlies LD chart at this point. Maybe 4th if Marincin is sent down.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
He has looked awful this year, slowed way down and skates like he has peg legs. I know the leafs need grit on the back end but Borgman is not the answer.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Rielly
Muzzin
Dermott
Borgman

Borgman has more NHL experience in comparison to Rosen. The contracts aren't quite the same though (one vs two years, two-way vs one-way). I imagine Rosen makes the team (and likely lineup) for good next season. Don't think Borgman makes the top six, but as we've seen with injuries this season, opportunities do find ways to present themselves.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sheltered or not (someone is always out in those minutes!!!) he looked okay for a depth player and other than Muzzin is the only defender I've seen in the past couple seasons who will make the other team keep their head up coming down the line.

Now with the concussion will he change his style? How did he suffer the concussion?

The other thing is the bar for Leaf defenders isn't really that high when it comes to actual defending. Most of them are offenders not defenders.

Like to see him back.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Anyone with a pulse at this point. That Johnny situation tonight has me so angry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad