Andersson vs Marino

Who would you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Really surprised Marino is ahead by so much. I think Andersson is going to surprise people.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Really surprised Marino is ahead by so much. I think Andersson is going to surprise people.
Penguins fans (myself included) have been talking about John Marino for a while now, so I suspect more people are familiar with him for just that reason.
Also, when he updated his player value projections on the 21st, Dom Luszczyszyn projects Marino to be worth 1.65 wins above a replacement-level player, and Rasmus Andersson to be worth 1.44 wins.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
I've so far seen just one Pittsburgh game this season (sunday against Washington), and in that game Marino looked slow and made lots of bad passes.

Small sample size yeah, but in that game he looked like he doesn't yet even belong to the big show. Anyways, he's young kid, and last year showed some promise. Right now I just think Rasmus is a bit better. (It is always had to predict these "going forward" thingies, so I tend to give quite a lot weight for current day form).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad