Injury Report: Andersson out Tuesday against Columbus

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Maybe a decent time to try out that guy who's out of waiver options next year? I think his name is Ferraro?

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2m
Was optional #RedWings practice today but Mike Babcock said everyone who played Sunday available for Tuesday game at Columbus,

Must mean everyone not named Andersson?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I want to see what he's got.

Pretty low-risk move.

Has played a shut down defensive role in GR all year. Fantastic penalty killer. Brings a chippy, in your face game. Injection of speed to the bottom 6 with Helm's absences

Would be cool to see.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Pretty low-risk move.

Has played a shut down defensive role in GR all year. Fantastic penalty killer. Brings a chippy, in your face game. Injection of speed to the bottom 6 with Helm's absences

Would be cool to see.

Yeah, for sure. If Babcock wants to replace Andersson's defensive presence you'd think Ferraro would be the guy to try.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not a big deal, curious who they callup, Andersson is a very replaceable part. We will miss him in the dot, but once you get outside of that there are so many areas he still needs rapid improvement in.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Joakim Andersson broken left foot, out at least a couple of weeks. #RedWings

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose
#RedWings Joakim Andersson will miss 2-3 weeks. Says he broke his left foot when he blocked shot during second-period PK In NY

He was outstanding in the dot, they'll miss him for sure.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 3m
#RedWings Joakim Andersson will miss 2-3 weeks. Says he broke his left foot when he blocked shot during second-period PK In NY

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not a big deal, curious who they callup, Andersson is a very replaceable part. We will miss him in the dot, but once you get outside of that there are so many areas he still needs rapid improvement in.

Agree, outside of face offs he's been pretty lackluster lately. Very easily replaceable guy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would like either Lando or Pulks up, have a feeling given where we are in the season they are going to go with Emmerton. I understand it from Holland's and Babcock's perspective, I don't really agree with it.

Really I think it should be Ferraro up or Pulks, even Callahan would be better and Abdelkader should shift back to center if it isn't Ferraro, probably should anyway. On a positive note Pulkkinen, Callahan and Ferraro have all played at various points with Glendening in the past.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Since our centers keep getting injured, maybe we should just roll 4 lines with all wingers.

left wing - left-center wing - right wing

or

left wing - forward wing - right wing

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
If wings had a full squad you wouldn't mind Andersson being injured at all, personally I would prefer it because he's redundant IMO, but given all the injuries etc... this sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad