Value of: Anderson

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think Anderson goes anywhere. I don't think Ottawa can lose that many trades in one off season. I can see him being a mid season/trade deadline bait when other goalies don't work out.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Can we not have our entire team up for trade???There are other teams
take this from a fan of a team that clung to the middle for way too long - commit to the rebuild, get the best futures package for your valuable roster players and ice a team of low-commitment UFA's to shelter the kids from the fire, and be bad for a short period of time rather than around the bubble for a long period of time. It's way less painful that way

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
I don't think Anderson goes anywhere. I don't think Ottawa can lose that many trades in one off season. I can see him being a mid season/trade deadline bait when other goalies don't work out.

I think he moves, he made it very clear that he wants to leave, he won't go for much mainly because of his age.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think he moves, he made it very clear that he wants to leave, he won't go for much mainly because of his age.

And goalies just aren't that valuable in today's NHL. Especially inconsistent ones, Anderson always has a good year and a then a worse year Then rebounds back to a good year. Never put two seasons of back to back improvement. Which is okay since last year was awful hes bound to be over .920 this year.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Anderson for Allen?

St.Louis gets an upgrade and Ottawa gets younger and cheaper?

That's not exactly an upgrade. Only benefit from our end is contract length and allowing Husso a path. I would imagine this is Jakes final shot. I would hope anyways.

If the guy could track a puck or stay positionally sound he'd be a phenomenal goalie. He's just so damn floppy in between the pipes.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That's not exactly an upgrade. Only benefit from our end is contract length and allowing Husso a path. I would imagine this is Jakes final shot. I would hope anyways.

If the guy could track a puck or stay positionally sound he'd be a phenomenal goalie. He's just so damn floppy in between the pipes.

I think Anderson is better, you guys are capable of playing better in front of him compared to Ottawa last year. Anderson could platoon a bit more with Husso, good mentor etc. 1 less year.

Melnyk saves money on getting Allen and a bit younger.

I can see why both sides might not be keen on it but I can see why they would do it too.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
0 value

maybe a 4th if the sens retain. but a team would have to be desperate

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly he doesn't have a lot of value, with how much he is making, being 37 and coming off a pretty bad season. Maybe a 5th-7th, although I doubt many are calling. Maybe they could include him in another trade to dump him, but they are getting close to the floor anyways, so someone has to make the money that gets them there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad