Confirmed with Link: Anderson named NHL's First Star for January!

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I am a big Ray Emery fan and was really sad to see him go for the reasons that he was let go. However, I've seen more in Andersson in his time as a Sen than I saw with Emery and Hasek combined. I think he truly is the best goalie this franchise has ever had and he plays his heart out every night.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Wow, amazing that he beat out Marleau and Vanek.

But then you have to consider that he's held a sub-1.00 GAA with a really thin blue line with 2-3 AHLers. That's impressive.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I am a big Ray Emery fan and was really sad to see him go for the reasons that he was let go. However, I've seen more in Andersson in his time as a Sen than I saw with Emery and Hasek combined. I think he truly is the best goalie this franchise has ever had and he plays his heart out every night.

Hasek was great the entire time he was healthy with us. Let's reserve judgement on that until the end of the season at least, but so far so good.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Hasek was great the entire time he was healthy with us. Let's reserve judgement on that until the end of the season at least, but so far so good.

Hasek was beyond great. This current team defends VERY well. The team Hasek played behind would send all 5 skaters below the other teams goal line because they knew Hasek was there. We gave up multiple odd man rushes a period and Hasek was there. A 2-0 was time to go get a beer, because you knew Hasek was there.

He was unreal. It will take a lot to top him (like Andy performing like this in the playoffs)

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
iv9mZOs4H7K4K.gif

Well deserved.

He's been absolute lights out.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
He's been doing amazing things with sub-par defenses his whole career. Glad to see him getting some recognition.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i thought marleau might beat him given how well the sharks are playing, but well deserved. Anyone watching both teams knows how much more important andy was to us.

I think the montreal game cemented it for him. National TV and just flat out robbing the habs all night.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
:shakehead:shakehead
i thought marleau might beat him given how well the sharks are playing, but well deserved. Anyone watching both teams knows how much more important andy was to us.

I think the montreal game cemented it for him. National TV and just flat out robbing the habs all night.

now, no more frozen chicken and ice picks :shakehead:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad