Confirmed with Link: Andersen fined for diving/embellishment

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
incredulous.gif

So psychopaths like Quick and Rask lose their minds all the time yet Andersen gets repeatedly run and now gets fined for this?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Lol the holding should be a penalty but what a f***ing joke to fine him

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well i could see why they'd think that.
but considering what other goalies do all the time...

whatever. don't dive Andy.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Meh. I don't mind it.

I just hope that they start calling it a lot more often to get rid of it completely.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Its kinda ridiculous to say the least. Goaltenders aren’t protected like QB’s in football and have to take alot of punishement

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I mean... there was contact and he just looked like he lost his balance. He didn't throw himself to the ice, he caught himself on the net and stayed in the play.

Pretty weak.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Andersen got fined for eating Becel margarine!? WHAT!?? ... Oh, wait. It's just an ad on the youtube video. Give me a moment... dang it, now I've completely re-gained my composure. I'll need a second to get hysterical again.

[one second later]

Andersen got fined for that!? WHAT!??

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He can afford it.
It's not really the money but more so the principle. It's weird that Andersen gets targeted for this while a guy like Quick goes out and blatantly tries to trip and slash players, throws hissy fits all the time etc with no repercussions of any kind.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Huh. Looks to me like there is contact with his left skate as he's backing up. If the timing was as he was putting his weight on that leg it would be a perfect trip.
Either way lame to call that a dive.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Huh. Looks to me like there is contact with his left skate as he's backing up. If the timing was as he was putting his weight on that leg it would be a perfect trip.
Either way lame to call that a dive.

Is the there a video link someone can post - not that my opinion means anything to the referee with his Leaf loss stat to maintain.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hope he dives more. He gets run all the time and never gets the call. Maybe he can turn the diving into whining after every whistle like every other goalie

Reactions: Eb

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Maybe this partially explains the non-call in the Tampa game. Refs not taking any contact with Andersen as legit? Who knows.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
f*** the NHL. f***ing calling Freddie a diver meanwhile blatant penalties against opposition not called when Leafs are playing.

I hope MLSE tell NHL to F right off when it comes to revenue sharing. If NHL is not going to be fair; MLSE does not have to

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's not really the money but more so the principle. It's weird that Andersen gets targeted for this while a guy like Quick goes out and blatantly tries to trip and slash players, throws hissy fits all the time etc with no repercussions of any kind.
He's probably had a bunch of warnings, they wouldn't fine you for your first offence.
This was for embellishment, what Quick does are penalties.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Could be looked at as a dive. Could be looked at as Freddie trying to avoid contact and hopping out of the way. Seems like the league is nitpicking on this one.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
**** the NHL. ****ing calling Freddie a diver meanwhile blatant penalties against opposition not called when Leafs are playing.

I hope MLSE tell NHL to F right off when it comes to revenue sharing. If NHL is not going to be fair; MLSE does not have to

If the league is out to get the leafs then why even be a fan? They will never win with those cards stacked against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad