Speculation: Anders Nilsson Concussion

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
I am very much getting the sense that neither party really did their due diligence concretely but I feel like the onus should fall on Nilsson. Only the player can know how he is feeling. If he felt off without other physical symptoms and had an inkling that he might have a concussion, he should have consulted a doctor. Now, could the team have possibly done more in this scenario? That's absolutely possible. But based on the information provided, I do not think this is incredibly damning against the team.

If I was pro-athlete who suspected I had a concussion, I'd see a doctor. He chose not to see one. That was his choice. Just very odd.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Physiotherapist is not qualified to diagnose a concussion. Maybe the person just asked him the standard questions.
Did you lose consciousness?
Do you have headaches?
Are you nauseated?
Do you have blurred vision?
Do you remember the incident? Did you suffer any memory loss?
Etc.
If he didn't answer yes to those questions, the physio may have said "Hmm, doesn't sound like a concussion."

At the end of the day, everyone is responsible for their own health and seeking treatment. You know if you aren't feeling right. Nobody, no NHL team, nobody is going to stop anyone from going to see a doctor and getting themselves checked out. This sounds like bad translation or just bitterness. I highly doubt that any Sens doctor told him he wasn't allowed to be treated for concussion symptoms.

Not in today's age. Not with a concussion lawsuit out there.

It doesn't strike me as an accurate portrayal

I can not see anyone associated with an NHL team at this point denying assistance or covering up a concussion

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I've had a couple of concussions from playing hockey

Reality of today's healthcare field is that the physio folks are the best to treat concussions. I've been thru it with a physio therapist. They're just as if not more capable than docs at diagnosing a concussion and certainly more able to treat you for it.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Not in today's age. Not with a concussion lawsuit out there.

It doesn't strike me as an accurate portrayal

I can not see anyone associated with an NHL team at this point denying assistance or covering up a concussion
That was my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad