Anders Lindback for 2014-15 [and other Possible Backups]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah makes sense. Haven't really thought it like that. We are certain Lindback sucks but uncertain whether Gudlevskis or Vasilevskiy can play up. Fair points.

What if we signed someone like Clemmensen or Theodore for one year?

That's the other option, yeah. To me it comes down to what's best for Gudlevski's development - 30-35 games in the AHL or 20-30 games in the NHL.

Depending on what the cap situation looks like by July 1 (i.e. trades for D, Callahan's situation), my guess is Tampa Bay will be in the market for a backup. If there are money issues though, that could force us to go with Gudlevskis. And, honestly, I'm fine with that option. The one thing we REALLY know about the kid is that he's a gamer. And that was never true about Lindback.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm not confident enough in Gud or Vasi yet. Sign a veteran backup to play ~25 games. God forbid Bishop gets injured again, we at least have a veteran guy that can hold the reigns/split time with Gud/Vasi until Bishop is back.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would go with Bishop and Vasi/KG

And then have Wilcox in tha A with the other guy.

Pretty sure Wilcox is staying in school.

ADD: Finally listening to Yzerman's exit interview, and it doesn't sound like he has any intentions of having either Vasi or Guds in the NHL next season. Looks like we'll be dipping into the UFA market.

Last edited:

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I think it would be ideal to have a Garon-esque backup, someone who you don't have to worry about developing and knows his job. Someone who knows going in he is the #2 guy and will see all the crap games like the second half of a back to back and so on. That will let the younger guys split time and actually play.

Failing that, maybe rotate Vasi and Guds (btw, I hate using nicknames but not typing those two out again and again :laugh: ) between being backup here and #1 in Syracuse in 20 game segments or something. Not ideal but could work out.

I wonder what the odds of Janus coming over and being a competent backup are. That could be interesting but also risky.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Absolutely not. Lindback is just another version of Dubnyk. Yes Devin ****ing Dubnyk.

The bolts need an actual nhl caliber backup goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad