Anders Lindbäck

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
How has he looked now that he played a couple of games?

He's been pretty decent, especially relative to expectation. He hasn't yet let in those back-breakingly bad goals that we saw in Tampa. His positioning has been solid. His feet are too slow to be an NHL starter in my opinion. He makes up for it to some extent with his size but it's too exploitable. If he can build on how he's playing now to show it's not a fluke he might still have a future as a back-up, which is more than I'd have said based on his play the past couple seasons. I've been wrong about goalies about a million times so I'm not pretending to be right, it's just how I see it.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
That's a good eye. He got beat 2x on the ice last night. Shouldn't happen. Too slow to get down on the 2nd goal and too slow to cover on the Ottowa 3rd goal. He's also made of rubber but does get in the way of some shots. Size is his best asset.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
That's a good eye. He got beat 2x on the ice last night. Shouldn't happen. Too slow to get down on the 2nd goal and too slow to cover on the Ottowa 3rd goal. He's also made of rubber but does get in the way of some shots. Size is his best asset.

I wouldn't say the wrap around goal happened because he is too slow. It is puck awareness that is more likely. He had plenty of time to move across he just didn't read the play.

Also to be fair it is more the defenceman's fault then the goalie on that play. No way a player should be able to walk around in front of the net if two defenders are positioned properly.

It was terrible all around.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I wouldn't say the wrap around goal happened because he is too slow. It is puck awareness that is more likely. He had plenty of time to move across he just didn't read the play.

Also to be fair it is more the defenceman's fault then the goalie on that play. No way a player should be able to walk around in front of the net if two defenders are positioned properly.

If he's back next you can start a 2016 tank thread

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Definitely not a bright spot in the game and I could argue that reading the play has a lot to do with speed but, what's the point lol. I'd be surprised if he came back as a #2

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
lol, why? such a weird and out of nowhere post.

EDIT: Or wait, are you implying that I dont jump down Lindback's throat for the play I want him back? head scratcher.

Not directed at you. I just don't want to start hearing Lindback is okay. He's not an NHL backup even. He's fab for tank but if he's back that's a bad, bad sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad