Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auston 316

Jun 25, 2016
Well said. It’s exactly what is wrong with him as you explained. We will have back to back games in playoffs. He’s going to start and you and i likely won’t like it much pre game :)
Why do you keep implying this?

it’s the playoffs....your starting goalie doesn’t sit because of a back to back game.

insanity.

Team First

Jul 18, 2010
Pre Ottawa game..."In order for the Leafs to tie for first, they would need to beat Ottawa and Winnipeg. Additionally, the Knights would have to lose to Sharks in their final game, while LA would need to beat the Avs at least once in regulation."

Freddy looked rusty, but Marner hung him out to dry with his brain fart. I hope he apologized. No chance at first overall now.
Me for the past 40 years: "clear the frickin' blueline first"

Reactions: Dr C and The Cobra

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Not that Connor Brown should be anywhere near your team right now, but there are some fundamental misconceptions going on here.

1. Connor Brown does not play on the 1st line.

The first line has been Batherson-Norris-Tkachuk for some time.

2. Connor Brown hasn't played consistently with good players.

The Stutzle-Pinto-Brown line was only recently put together and seems promising.

His most frequent centre was offensive blackhole Chris Tierney, while Stutzle would frequently play with White and Dadonov on the 2nd line.

I would have always thought he played his most minutes together with Tkachuk and Norris what website did you get your data from?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would have always thought he played his most minutes together with Tkachuk and Norris what website did you get your data from?

That was his most frequent line but if you add up all of his time with Tierney and various other wingers it is still higher.

Both Tkachuk and Norris had Batherson as their most frequent trio.

It’s all on Dobber hockey.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
That was his most frequent line but if you add up all of his time with Tierney and various other wingers it is still higher.

Both Tkachuk and Norris had Batherson as their most frequent trio.

It’s all on Dobber hockey.

Ok makes sense that was his most frequent line was Tkachuk and Norris thank you

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
This year at 5 on 5 production per 60 rates for Brown vs Leafs wingers:

Brown G/60 = 1. 04, A/60 = 0.8

Marner G/60 = 1.16 ,A/60 = 1.91
Nylander G/60 = 1.00 ,A/60 = 1.36
Hyman G/60 = 0.84,A/60 = 1.31
Folingo G/60 = 0.47,A/60 = 0.56 (total year)
Galchenyuk G/60 = 0.76 ,A/60 =1.33
Mikheyev G/60 = 0.57 ,A/60 = 0.66
Jumbo G/60 = 0.48 ,A/60 = 1.09
Engvall G/60 = 0.79,A/60 = 0.66

He definitely had a pretty good year when you factor out ice time and he played with far worse limemates so was being asked to drive the lines. Also played really well on the PK as others have mentioned

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Considering Andersen has played about 400 games and has a career .915 save percentage, yes the 24 games he has played this year is a small sample size. Not to mentioned he was playing injured but lets not have these inconvenient truths get in the way of any kind of self reflection on ones flawed thought process. Lets just be stubborn and dig our heels in.

Gms 001-100: .917
Gms 101-200: .916
Gms 201-300: .922
Gms 301-393: .905
Last 100gms: .906

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Over every team's last 180gms:

Jack 65gms, .917
Freddy 114gms, .906
Rittich 99gms, .906
Hutch 29gms, .901

Reactions: ToMaLe

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Pre Ottawa game..."In order for the Leafs to tie for first, they would need to beat Ottawa and Winnipeg. Additionally, the Knights would have to lose to Sharks in their final game, while LA would need to beat the Avs at least once in regulation."

Freddy looked rusty, but Marner hung him out to dry with his brain fart. I hope he apologized. No chance at first overall now.
Me for the past 40 years: "clear the frickin' blueline first"

Would not have mattered. Both Vegas and Colorado would have been ahead of us regardless of us winning both games. Only one can make it to the Final 4 though.

We effectively just lost out on 3rd, which is irrelevant if Carolina does not even make it out of their division. Our game against WPG determines if we are 4th, 5th, or 6th. We are currently 5th and stay there if we lose in OT/SO, we can move up to 4th over Florida if we win in any fashion, and move down to 6th behind Pittsburgh if we lose in regulation.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Why do you keep implying this?

it’s the playoffs....your starting goalie doesn’t sit because of a back to back game.

insanity.

Dunno. The Leafs are scheduled to play 4 games in 6 nights. Sounds like a tall order for one goalie and a recipe for wearing him out early in the playoffs.

Reactions: Lumberg

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Dunno. The Leafs are scheduled to play 4 games in 6 nights. Sounds like a tall order for one goalie and a recipe for wearing him out early in the playoffs.

You think MTL is going to start Allen at all in this series? The answer is no. If Campbell is playing well, he will get all the starts. Same with Price.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
With a back to back, we absolutely must play Rittich. Not going to wear down our goalie. Pittsburgh won a cup with a tandem, same with the caps. Sometimes your best weapon is unpredictability.

I agree with this general sentiment. Though Rittich only played once against the Habs this year while in Calgary, and he lost 4-2, the team would be wise to manage Campbells workload, depending on how active he is in the first game of the back to backs.

With Allen playing so much this season, if Price isn't healthy, he is their starter. Even if Price is healthy, I have to believe they would split the back to backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad