Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
I'm happy for Connor Brown, but the truth is he probably wouldn't even be in the top 9 on our current team. He's making the most of his opportunity and good for him.
Too useless for 3rd line on the Leafs? How so? Sorry he's gone. Not ragging on Willy, but he has 17 goals vs Brown's 21. Brown kills penalties (so Marner wouldn't have to) and has 5 short handed goals. And seeing him so many times this year, it's noticable the guy gives everything he's got every shift and is still durable not missing games.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is what I saw as well. The same weird stuff that has been driving me crazy for a while. He sets up and once the shot is taken he is like frozen for a couple of seconds, whether the shot goes wide, gets deflected or hits him, his response and reaction time is catatonic.

His default drop to the knees whenever someone blinks is just weird. Wtf was he doing on the goal he was "screened"? On his knees hiding behind the two players in front of him with the puck at the point. He didn't even try to look around. One of the first things I noticed about Campbell is while he will drop down as well, its not default for him, he will stand up to the shooter. Freddy drops down pretty much as soon as the puck drops. Many time on replays you can see if he just stood up the puck would just hit him. He is a big guy but doesnt use it to his advantage at all.

And last but not least, I have and always have had issue with Freds demeanor, he lacks ooomph and a pulse. Campbell has both and most of us recognized it right away. Freds lack of personal responsibility in his interviews after a bad game are polar opposite to that of Soupy's and I know which one I appreciate more. I had a hard time watching Freddy on the ice last night (it doesnt look right) and am a little nervous that he may get a shot at it somewhere along the line in these playoffs.
Well said. It’s exactly what is wrong with him as you explained. We will have back to back games in playoffs. He’s going to start and you and i likely won’t like it much pre game :)

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Really? The goaltender is doing pirouettes beside the net while the puck sits in the crease and he gets no blame does he?

Other goaltenders can stay square and in the goalmouth, why can't this guy?

Because we have 2 years of performance that says he blows and Hutchinson's record this season ***** all over his?

Want to know what I think pure idiocy is? Watching this **** for 2 seasons and thinking he's better than the rest of the also rand's we have lying around the organization
Lol you have more faith in Hutch? Ok buddy

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
Lol ok bud. Hutch over Freddy it is. Thank god we have intelligent people actually running this team and not the experts we find on these boards. Just cringe.

yep, can't imagine why would anyone challenge Freddies place on this team , with his outstanding save percentage, gaa etc and his stellar play over the last 80+ games.......btw...calling people stupid for having a different view on things is well....stupid.

HandshakeLineRespect

Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
yep, can't imagine why would anyone challenge Freddies place on this team , with his outstanding save percentage, gaa etc and his stellar play over the last 80+ games.......btw...calling people stupid for having a different view on things is well....stupid.
Im sorry but thinking Andersen is the 4th best goalie in the leafs organization is stupid.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
If you actually think cherry picking a stat from a small sample size tells the whole picture and/or is going to be to be the thing that informs your decisions im at a loss for words. What a remarkable display of ignorance.
lol Quite the charmer. Cherry picking a small sample size? If you say so boss.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I think part of it has to do with the lack of accountiblity from Fred. Campbell lets in a softy and he has to be talked off the ledge because he feels so bad about it and Fred shits the bed and acts like he is happy with himself and those around him need to step up. One is endearing the other is .....not.

This. I really do think that is part of why I hate him so much. I get you need to confident...I get it. But at the same time he can't be the least bit critical of his play?...Like even a tiny bit of..."I should have had at least on of those" kind of humility?

I can be sure that there are several players on the team like Jack for his honesty...even if it means talking him back from the ledge once in a while.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
This. I really do think that is part of why I hate him so much. I get you need to confident...I get it. But at the same time he can't be the least bit critical of his play?...Like even a tiny bit of..."I should have had at least on of those" kind of humility?

I can be sure that there are several players on the team like Jack for his honesty...even if it means talking him back from the ledge once in a while.
This is overblown IMO. You have great humble players and great egotistical players, just like you have weak versions of those personalities as well.

Fred's issue is his level of play, not his accountability

HandshakeLineRespect

Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
lol Quite the charmer. Cherry picking a small sample size? If you say so boss.
Considering Andersen has played about 400 games and has a career .915 save percentage, yes the 24 games he has played this year is a small sample size. Not to mentioned he was playing injured but lets not have these inconvenient truths get in the way of any kind of self reflection on ones flawed thought process. Lets just be stubborn and dig our heels in.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
This is overblown IMO. You have great humble players and great egotistical players, just like you have weak versions of those personalities as well.

Fred's issue is his level of play, not his accountability
It points to his mindset though. Not taking responsibility for me means not learning/evolving. Remember Babs...he was always right and never took the blame for anything and it showed. He couldn't/wouldn't adapt because he was right and everyone else was wrong and it was bad for the leafs. That for me is a lack of awareness and character. No humility. Who wants to play for someone like that? Part of why Soup is so well liked in these parts. The man is humble.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
Considering Andersen has played about 400 games and has a career .915 save percentage, yes the 24 games he has played this year is a small sample size. Not to mentioned he was playing injured but lets not have these inconvenient truths get in the way of any kind of self reflection on ones flawed thought process. Lets just be stubborn and dig our heels in.
I don't care much about his first 300 games, but take a good hard look at his last 100 and use stats and your eyes and if you still feel like he is your guy to take us to the promised land, well then I will leave it at that cause we have a different idea of what will work and what won't.

Not really sure why someone feels the need to put someone they don't know down to make their point but hey, you do you.

Reactions: ToMaLe

HandshakeLineRespect

Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I don't care much about his first 300 games, but take a good hard look at his last 100 and use stats and your eyes and if you still feel like he is your guy to take us to the promised land, well then I will leave it at that cause we have a different idea of what will work and what won't.

Not really sure why someone feels the need to put someone they don't know down to make their point but hey, you do you.
No i don't think he will bring us to the promised land and this is what we would call a straw man argument. That's where you project a narrative or idea onto someone else and argue against it. Im going with Campbell all the way, hes earned it. In no way do i want the leafs to try and re sign freddy to another contract either. This all started when a bunch of ridiculous fans started piling on when i suggest they take the hate blinders off for one second and re evaluate their asinine position that freddy should be relegated to 4th on the depth chart. I mean cmon no objective observer believes this nonsense.

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
No i don't think he will bring us to the promised land and this is what we would call a straw man argument. That's where you project a narrative or idea onto someone else and argue against it. Im going with Campbell all the way, hes earned it. In no way do i want the leafs to try and re sign freddy to another contract either. This all started when a bunch of ridiculous fans started piling on when i suggest they take the hate blinders off for one second and re evaluate their asinine position that freddy should be relegated to 4th on the depth chart. I mean cmon no objective observer believes this nonsense.
Been a leaf fan for decades, as have most of my friends and family and I can tell you that there are many knowledgeable fans who are cringing at the prospect of Freddie coming back this year and playing in any capacity. In my opinion and it is only an opinion so no real need to take it personally unless your related to the man or something, I do not want Fred anywhere near this team. I've seen enough.

Reactions: ToMaLe and geo25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad