AND NOWWWW, Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, and the Hindsights!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If we could have lost to Arizona we could have been 2 points out of the 4th overall pick.

There is no way we are making the playoffs. At this time last year we were at least in the hunt.

We play Washington, Columbus, Buffalo, Pitt, and Edmonton. With the exception of Washington and Pitt, we "should" be able to win those games but could we?

I can See Andy getting back and playing us out of another higher draft pick like the year we were in the running for Landeskog.

With the type of effort we had against NJ it is pretty clear it is time to move out as much as we can and bring in some guys from the AHL to get some games.

Any type of run at this point is going to hurt more than just bottoming out. Toronto clearly is done and they will probably finish in the top 3 at the draft. I think the 4th-5th overall is where this team should be aiming for.

Ryan has displayed in the last 5 games a tremendous amount of leadership and in my opinion is this teams on ice captain. Has well as Karlsson has been playing Ryan has moved forward in showing his value. He will get an A.

:rant::shakehead

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Maybe it would have been best to leave Murray as head coach instead of promoting him. I dont even know it that was possible but i kinda think if Murray looks back at it he might think would have been the best coach for the team.

Maybe the arena should have been built in a better place.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe we should have not traded Bishop for Conacher.

Maybe we should have sent Lehner back to the ahl.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe we should have not traded Bishop for Conacher.

Maybe we should have sent Lehner back to the ahl.

Maybe the Sens should not have dealt demitra. Maybe they should hive signed ST LOuis after that PTO.

Maybe they should have drafted Pronger instead of Daigle.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Lehner wasn't that bad. It should have went to overtime.

The first goal lehner was playing to far in and didn't have the angle and they scored over the shoulder glove side.

The second was legit.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Maybe the Sens should not have dealt demitra. Maybe they should hive signed ST LOuis after that PTO.

Maybe they should have drafted Pronger instead of Daigle.

Maybe they should have traded Brad Marsh at the trade deadline in '93. I mean, what a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to trade an aging veteran for some futures.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agree with most of that op stylizer.
I just want a high pick now.
Well that and a decent return for phillips.
Oh and a Methot signing.
And a legwand trade.
Ok, and Prince and wideman to get some games.
Gravy would be seeing Robinson/Schneider and claesson get a couple too.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We're going to finish 7-10 no matter what. I don't care as long as our guys start getting better. I want no part in a 10+ game losing streak to try and get a good pick.

Our team is good enough to beat the bad teams and not good enough to be the playoff teams. We'll probably end the year just outside the playoffs. Not really a big deal to me.

This year is already over and it's clear we're not getting another defence man. Although, i don't know why anyone ever thought we would (myself included) because Murray has said all along that our defence is fine as is.

So the only things I want to see is us either sign methot to trade for another top 2 D. And I also would like if we could get another top 6 forward.

Our team is actually pretty good. We just need to make sure our D improves (Cowen/Ceci/Boro). And we need to hope that zbad takes the next step forward in the offseason. I hope he sticks around Ottawa and trains hard with the training staff. I'd like to see him add 10lbs and keep his speed.

I wish there was some way that management could entice all of our players to stay in Ottawa for May/June/July/August. Imagine what our young players could do with 4 extra months of practice and training?

We really have too many players. Our management needs to decide very shortly who is a keeper and who they're willing to give up. Package 2 guys and a 2nd rounder for a top 6 player and get ready for next season with a new GM (and possibly a new coach).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Think we can catch Buffalo?

I propose that we go with an empty net for the rest our games this season.

McEichel here we come. ;)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Maybe we shouldn't let dumb threads exist if we wanted to generate more flow on this board.

My only action was open the thread, post, close the thread, log off.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I win.

3906465.bin

Xamar*

Redden shouldn't have left Friesen wide open to go double team Marshall, no seriously that one hurts really bad :cry:

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
If Demitra and St.Louis was playing on this team.

If Hasek stayed healthy in 2005~2006

If Heatley could skate and was not an one-dimentional hockey player

If Heatley was not a crybaby

If this team picked Chara over Redden

If Volchenkov wasn't greedy

If this team didn't trade Kelly and Vermette

If Lee actually fulfilled his expectations at the draft

If this team won the lottery in 2005

If this team picked Pronger over Daigle

If Emery didn't had the attitude problems

If this team had a solid goaltender

If Lalime was clutch in the playoffs

If this team kept Elliot, Bishop, and Foligno

If Spezza wasn't an injury-prone

If Havlat wasn't made out of glass

...etc.

...sigh

Karlsson2Turris*

No way we woulda drafted Pronger. That's like drafting Haniffin over McDavid this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad