GDT: And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... the Kraken! CGY(2-7-1) @ SEA(4-5-2) 8pm SNW

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Well. 2 solid games in a row, who woulda thought.

Maybe they can get something going here. At least these last 2 games haven't been snoozefest.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Alright, I bid you all a great rest of teh Saturday night. I am going to listen to thunderstorms on my DreamEgg white noise machine.

Mood lighting on. It's time to contemplate this team possibly going on a wee little run. I can dream. Night!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Alright, I bid you all a great rest of teh Saturday night. I am going to listen to thunderstorms on my DreamEgg white noise machine.

Mood lighting on. It's time to contemplate this team possibly going on a wee little run. I can dream. Night!

Have a good one mate! Things are on the up and up!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Couple greasy goals but this one feels like the first time we've been the better team especially with breads brain dead play in the first.

Sharangovich had a really strong second and third.

These past 2 games has only confirmed my opinion we need as many of the kids as possible their hunger and energy has changed the entire teams complexion. Next up needs to be wolf, enough of the excuses play the best players.

Last edited:

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Couple greasy goals but this one feels like the first time we've been the better team especially with breads brain dead play in the first.

Sharangovich had a really strong second and third.

These past 2 games has only confirmed my opinion we need as many of the kids as possible their hunger and energy has changed the entire teams completion. Next up needs to be wolf, enough of the excuses play the best players.

love-yes.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The wins have to come with all the lines contributing. That’s the only way tbh. At least the prospects are doing well. Wolf next

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
16-17-33

18-20-38

2-1-3

Not nearly enough for 30 million over 6 IMO
Without a second of powerplay time playing roughly 13 minutes a night at even strength? Those are extremely good numbers. Especially considering his main strength is his ability to play on a shutdown line.

To paint you a picture of how good he’s been in context, since the start of the 2021-22 season, Coleman is tied for 102nd in even strength goals. So pretty much a top end second line forward despite playing limited time, and that’s not even his best attribute. Way too many fans aren’t capable of seeing how important a Coleman type player is.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Without a second of powerplay time playing roughly 13 minutes a night at even strength? Those are extremely good numbers. Especially considering his main strength is his ability to play on a shutdown line.

To paint you a picture of how good he’s been in context, since the start of the 2021-22 season, Coleman is tied for 102nd in even strength goals. So pretty much a top end second line forward despite playing limited time, and that’s not even his best attribute. Way too many fans aren’t capable of seeing how important a Coleman type player is.
Coleman is an unreal 3rd liner for a cup team. But when you desperately need scoring and have no cap flexibility it’s too rich for my taste

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Could he play on an a PP effectively do you think?

I just think he's a great 3rd line player that can slide up and PK. 5 mill average is a lot to pay for that level of player. IMO about 1.5 to 1.2 million too much per year. Last couple of years the contract as a 3rd line winger should be closer to 2.5 or so.

I give him full marks for effort and hitting a lottery contract, but I think we overpaid by quite a bit and as part of a bunch of inflated contracts it's probablematic to me.

But I appreciate your efforts at digging up comparisons. I like him and think he's a valuable piece, just quite overpaid which again is part of a big problem here.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Could he play on an a PP effectively do you think?

I just think he's a great 3rd line player that can slide up and PK. 5 mill average is a lot to pay for that level of player. IMO about 1.5 to 1.2 million too much per year. Last couple of years the contract as a 3rd line winger should be closer to 2.5 or so.

I give him full marks for effort and hitting a lottery contract, but I think we overpaid by quite a bit and as part of a bunch of inflated contracts it's probablematic to me.

But I appreciate your efforts at digging up comparisons. I like him and think he's a valuable piece, just quite overpaid which again is part of a big problem here.
Honestly I think he’d probably be a great net front guy on PP2 who excels at puck retrieval in the corners on broken plays. Guy did pot 21 goals in 57 games in New Jersey when given a similar role (30 goal pace). Perfectly understandable why he doesn’t though for managing his ice time.

The disconnect here seems to be you believing he’s a great 3rd liner and 3rd liners shouldn’t be paid that much, when first of all he is much more of an excellent middle 6 role player, and lastly we are also in a cap world where second and even third line players do make that much. He’s the 139th highest paid forward in the league, so pretty squarely in middle 6 territory when adjusting for older contracts signed.

Is he on a steal of a deal? No. But he’s provides offense at or above the rate you’d expect for his pay and role, while being a key cog in one of the best shutdown lines in the league. He has more than lived up to it so far I’d say.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Thought the whole team was crap for the first half of the game. They did start skating well in the 2nd. Going to the net, speed through the NZ. Happy at least with this coach's choices in bringing up players from the Wranglers. That's what you have a farm team for, feel like I've been screaming that for years.

Good - Really liked Hanifin in this game. Played really well I thought. Sharangovich was TERRIBLE in the 1st period but picked it up nicely in the 2nd and 3rd. Nice hands on the tip. Vladar didn't love the 1st goal but was very solid after that, good to see him bounce back and look like a NHL goalie. Backlund some nice rushes and PKed well. Marty P liked the gumption congrats 1st NHL goal. Dube was a lot lot better I thought, maybe he'd been battling something because he's been terrible until he got the day off.

Pretty not bad - Zary I liked, need more guys able to make a play in the zone like him. Zadorov got caught once but let that guy know not to do it again. Weegar had some questionable moments but won a lot of puck battles. Tanev I thought was a lot better. Kadri is coming around, plays his best when he just simplifies. Greer was good, threw some hits, mixin it up. DeSimone was better than Oesterle. Desimone is better than Oesterle. Andersson wasn't his best but quality.

Huberdeau was? Better? A glimpse? A pulse? Same with Lindy. He's a real streaky player offensively but I never question his defense.
PP scored a goal. That was cool.

Brain dead moron : Mangiapane. What are you doing BreadGuy? Idiot penalty and an idiot play. Will be sitting sooooo whos up Wrangler-wise. My guess is Klapka.

Last edited:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
It's nice looking at the boxscore and on all the goals we see names like Pospisil, Zary, Desimone, Duehr. Feels like when we had arguably the best AHL team in the league last year playing out of the same city it wouldn't actually hurt to give some guys enough minutes for a real look.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Come on Mangi fell. He fell all the time, his stick just accidentally pushed on the back of the guy’s head.

that’s the defense lol

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Come on Mangi fell. He fell all the time, his stick just accidentally pushed on the back of the guy’s head.

that’s the defense lol
McCann drove himself up into Mangiapane's stick

Reactions: DFF

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino