Sportsnet: Analyzing Tim Stützle's rookie season and why he's a star in the making

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Analyzing Tim Stützle's rookie season and why he's a star in the making

He’s a star, but stars aren’t born at peak magnitude.

So to reiterate the conclusion. The numbers are bad. The eye test is good. The former is going to catch up to the latter. But probably not this season.

All that out there now, I recently declared Stützle one of my 10 favourite players in the league to watch, because my god, does he do a few dynamic things every night that make you go “Wow, some of the best players in the league can’t do that.”

New-Gif-15-1.gif

Reactions: Read The

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We are so lucky to have him.

Against all odds by our owner to destroy this team, we have still been blessed to have had guys like Karlsson, Stone and now Stutzle on this team.

We must ensure we have strong support system for he and Chabot so that this team can fly with them. One more elite forward and we will be set.

Reactions: DJB

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He’s literally everything Ottawa needed and wanted. Still think EK is the better player at max altitude but that could change, it’s only been 20 games. But Jimmy is the 2nd best Senator I’ve ever seen with the jersey on. Best forward.

it’s like watching EK again, you’re excited and nervous, just grows every game and the desire to win with that talent - it’s inspiring to watch

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
My daughter and son-in-law live in Berlin..he's German and i've been to Eisbären Berlin games with him at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. Good atmopshere - they cheer just like they do during soccer matches. They do not sing anthems to start games - but rather each team has their own fight song. Kind of ironic that his favorite team is Bayern and they have young superstar Canadian Alfonso (Fonzy) Davies and now we have young superstar Jimmy in our respective cities. Karma man !

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Clearly the best piece we have going forward and offensively, nobody on the roster is close to his skill level. He is exactly what this team needed, and needs more of.

You can see already that he is the kind of player that will be able to take over a game when we need him to.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I want him so much to succeed. And he has to play centre, just cary the puck Timmy and create plays, who cares about defence at this point.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This guy's a moron. Ripping on the stats of a 19 year old that is near the absolute top of rookie scoring (who missed time due to injury).

Breaking down advanced stats based on a 15 game sample. Jesus. Those numbers will swing almost shift to shift.

He's 127th in scoring! Oh shit, he's struggling. Oh wait, he got one more point and jumped 30 spots! That's first line production and he's leading the league in rookie scoring!

Honestly, the kid's going to win the calder and easily passes the eye test game after game. Only an idiot would dig up a bunch of advanced stats to question his performance thus far. Our team sucks. So the stats suck.

Watch the f***ing games.

It is so rare to see a shift where you think "Oh man, Timmy really messed up there".

And i know he says all this, but he still chose to build the whole article around the stats.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can you guys imagine how depressing the outlook would be if we didn't get him? I thank the hockey gods every game.
I did want him and hoped he fell to us but Byfield might have worked out well here too. Definitely behind Stutzle right now but hard to say for the future.

Reactions: aragorn

Read The

Feb 7, 2021
I did want him and hoped he fell to us but Byfield might have worked out well here too. Definitely behind Stutzle right now but hard to say for the future.

Byfield would have been an okay/safe pick but we realistically could have ended up drafting 4 and 5 too. Probably would have walked away with Sanderson and Quinn.

I'm glad we don't live in that timeline.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This guy's a moron. Ripping on the stats of a 19 year old that is near the absolute top of rookie scoring (who missed time due to injury).

Breaking down advanced stats based on a 15 game sample. Jesus. Those numbers will swing almost shift to shift.

He's 127th in scoring! Oh shit, he's struggling. Oh wait, he got one more point and jumped 30 spots! That's first line production and he's leading the league in rookie scoring!

Honestly, the kid's going to win the calder and easily passes the eye test game after game. Only an idiot would dig up a bunch of advanced stats to question his performance thus far. Our team sucks. So the stats suck.

Watch the f***ing games.

It is so rare to see a shift where you think "Oh man, Timmy really messed up there".

And i know he says all this, but he still chose to build the whole article around the stats.

He didn't trash him he said he has all the skill in the world and will be a star player he just has a lot to work on. The video attached shows everything he is saying.
The first move he does is crazy good...but its a huge needless dangerous play. He makes all those moves takes some big risks goes from one end to the other halfway back and does not even create a scoring chance.
He needs to use his team more and play a little smarter, its normal and no big deal the skill is there in spades

He is trying to explain to non sens fans who wonder why the Sens fans think a 40+ point pace huge minus player is a star.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm so glad we got Stutzle and not Byfield.

I think Byfield will be fine and I've thought so for over a year, but man I wanted Stutzle all along and now we get to enjoy him!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad