Proposal: Anaheim-Vancouver

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That really doesn't matter. I mean it was neat at first but he'll popular because of his play. Sure it's a great story but there will come a point when he and everyone else is sick of that fact. He's valuable because he's a good hockey player.

No doubt. It`s the main thing that makes his value.

But for me, it`s pretty cool that he have that ''home story'' behind him. I`m sure there are others thinking the same.

Of course we would trade him in the right deal. Not as much as Etem, but Bobby was also a SoCali kid, but was traded. Times change, you can never predict the future.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
No doubt. It`s the main thing that makes his value.

But for me, it`s pretty cool that he have that ''home story'' behind him. I`m sure there are others thinking the same.

Of course we would trade him in the right deal. Not as much as Etem, but Bobby was also a SoCali kid, but was traded. Times change, you can never predict the future.

It was a story but it's already starting to get old. As someone who came up in the same amateur league it's really cool to know kids around here can make it all the way. But that becomes secondary to helping this team win.

Ducksgo*

I find it weird every time a trade proposal is brought among us Etems name is brought up. Just sayin....

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I find it weird every time a trade proposal is brought among us Etems name is brought up. Just sayin....

I find it weird that you imagine this is the case. He's certainly one of our most mentioned prospects, but so is DSP, Vatanen, Gibson, and Lindholm. Considering we just ranked Etem 4th in our prospect rankings(and that's with Silfverberg, who probably doesn't even belong on that list), that shouldn't be surprising. Add to that he just played almost half of a season worth of NHL games, and he showed plenty of potential, and you've got a young and talented player with his career ahead of him. It's called buying low, in expectation that the value is going to go up. It's pretty common.

When you see which prospects get mentioned in trade proposals, it's usually the ones people have heard about which are typically the upper echelon of a team's prospects. Remember when it was Bobby Ryan? Or Palmieri? Or Gardiner? If Fowler hadn't immediately jumped into the NHL, he would have been mentioned a ton, too. What's the common denominator? They were some of our top prospects.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I find it weird that Ducksgo explodes all over his screen everytime Etem is mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad