Proposal: Anaheim - Toronto (JVR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
DISCLAIMER - I AM NOT A LEAFS FAN. I AM NOW AWARE THAT THIS IS A BAD PROPOSAL, THAT WAS CONCEIVED OF BASED ON FALSE OR MISINTERPRETED PREMISES. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT LUMP IN OTHER LEAFS FANS WITH MY BAD PROPOSAL. I BEG YOU! I WISH TO REMEDY THE FACT THAT SOME LEAFS FANS FEEL THREATENED BY MY ILL-CONCEIVED PROPOSAL.

To Anaheim:
James Van Riemsdyk
Roman Polak

To Toronto:
Sami Vatanen
Antoine Vermette
1st rounder
3rd rounder

The Ducks get a top line LW, some rental D-Depth and avoid the need to expose one of their top DMen (or Silfverberg) in the expansion draft.

Toronto gets a good 2nd pair DMan, a really solid vet in Vermette (who would have to waive his NTC - otherwise, rework with Cogliano), and a high and middle pick. Creates room in the top 6 and keeps the cupboard stocked for the future.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Value may not be bad but I'd rather target Manson as the main piece coming back in a deal for JVR. Doubt Anaheim would want to part with him though.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Take out the picks, Vermette and Polak and i still dont think Anaheim trades Vatanen for JVR because of contracts. JVR is going to get a big raise and is UFA next summer.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I can´t see Polak is woth Vermette a 1 first and a third? ( I mean really come on)

Vatanen for JVR straight up is as many said, fair value.

Scrapy1980

Dec 25, 2016
Ontario
Ok all, this is what I would do when it comes to JVR
Offer him a 6 year deal worth 42million
1st year 10 m and the rest of the 5 years he gets 6.2m ish per
First I know we need another top pairing D man but we now have 2 solid lines for 5vs5 and our power play.
Jab away ppl
Thoughts?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
lol...
vatanen and jvr is pretty even

this is awful... please Toronto fans no more trade offers

Manson lindholm are not available leave us alone for a while

Mar 26, 2010
It was made clear by the Leafs brass and the panel on TSN this week that JVR is NOT for sale. He is not available.

JVR will be signed long term in Toronto.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Awful for Anaheim, just awful

I wouldn't even do Vatanen for JvR straight up. There is no way we can re-sign JvR.

Why are we adding a 1st, a 3rd and a valuable player for us in Vermette for a pylon? What is the logic here?

That's the equivalent of us offering Stoner for your 1st, 3rd and I dunno, whoever your 4th line centre is.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No one is going to give you a top 4 RHD with term for JVR.

Tanev, Hamonic, Vatanen...All these guys you keep asking for have triple the amount of cost controlled years. No one is giving these guys up for JVR, who will either cost 75% more come next summer or walk and leave the team with nothing.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I wounder how many HF threads we would have saved if Leafs never traded a RHD-dman for JVR in the first place......

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No one is going to give you a top 4 RHD with term for JVR.

Tanev, Hamonic, Vatanen...All these guys you keep asking for have triple the amount of cost controlled years. No one is giving these guys up for JVR, who will either cost 75% more come next summer or walk and leave the team with nothing.

You think JVR gets 7.4 per?? Ok, no wonder we can't trade him....LOL.:laugh:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Way to apply the math to the highest paid player of the three (what is 75% more than Hamonic makes?) and completely miss the point of the post. JVR will demand upwards of $7M next summer. No one is giving up a top 4 RHD who is much more affordable for 3+ seasons, that's terrible asset management.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wow do the ducks get robbed in OP, too funny Leaf fans stating they would consider it or fair value. Absolutely brutal value for the ducks, bordering on highway robbery.

Unreal bad for ducks

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Why would he ask for any less then 7-7.5M$? Isn't he a 60pts 1st line LWer??

If he's really as good as Leafs fan say he is/worth, thats the MINIMUM raise he'll ask for

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Way to apply the math to the highest paid player of the three (what is 75% more than Hamonic makes?) and completely miss the point of the post. JVR will demand upwards of $7M next summer. No one is giving up a top 4 RHD who is much more affordable for 3+ seasons, that's terrible asset management.

Sorry, i read it as JVR would be making 75% more than he does now on his next deal.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
To Anaheim:
James Van Riemsdyk
Roman Polak

To Toronto:
Sami Vatanen
Antoine Vermette
1st rounder
3rd rounder

The Ducks get a top line LW, some rental D-Depth and avoid the need to expose one of their top DMen (or Silfverberg) in the expansion draft.

Toronto gets a good 2nd pair DMan, a really solid vet in Vermette (who would have to waive his NTC - otherwise, rework with Cogliano), and a high and middle pick. Creates room in the top 6 and keeps the cupboard stocked for the future.

Thoughts?

These trade offers keep getting worse. ANA gives up a top 4 RHD with term on a great contract, a 3C thats been fantastic for them as well as a 1st and a 3rd. In return they get a forward they cant afford to keep and one of the leagues worst D to decorate the press box for the rest of the year. How could they possibly turn that down? Maybe Toronto should ask for Rakell as well. Just to make it not so lopsided :help:

Please stop with the JVR to ANA threads. They're all just bad.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
These trade offers keep getting worse. ANA gives up a top 4 RHD with term on a great contract, a 3C thats been fantastic for them as well as a 1st and a 3rd. In return they get a forward they cant afford to keep and one of the leagues worst D to decorate the press box for the rest of the year. How could they possibly turn that down? Maybe Toronto should ask for Rakell as well. Just to make it not so lopsided :help:

Solid Leaf offer for a good D with term.....Daily thing on hfb. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad