5th round pick

---

To :ducks2

Seth Helgeson - $0.587.500 - 2017 RFA
3rd round pick

To :devils

Simon Despres - $3.700.000 - 2021 UFA

---

* The win for Anaheim here is they add over $3.1 mil to their cap space, which helps them re-sign Rakell and Lindholm. Seth Helgeson sits as the #8 defenseman, or plays in the AHL with Guenin being the #8. Lupul is reclamation project who wasn't given a fair shot during his 2nd stint in Anaheim. He's had success under Randy Carlyle before.

* Toronto doesn't save any cap space, but doesn't add any. And they gain a 5th round pick for a forward who is just gonna play on their 4th line or sit in the press box. Stoners and Lupuls contracts expires at the same time.

* New Jersey needs a defenseman and they have the cap space. Despres is on a questionable contract, and the Ducks desperately needs to shed salary. Still a young player that should be better than last year, now that he's had time to recover from injuries.

The Leafs aren't going to retain for the sake of a 5th.
Lupul contributes or he's on LTIR. For a risky player he's pretty low risk, oddly enough.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe he means we have lots of bottom pairing options which is where Stoner would end up.

Fair enough....although i don't think Stoner is as bad as some make him out to be....he's overpaid though. I'd probably take him over Polak/Hunwick, but seeing as we have those guys....

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'd be down with that. Stoner stays I guess. I wasn't expecting much of Lupul but I'd rather see him get a shot in Anaheim instead of rotting in Toronto's pressbox.

I imagine they give him a shot too. He's a good player and contributes when not injured. His issue is not getting injured. He has to be the most injury prone player ever to play in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad