Proposal: Anaheim-Detroit

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Saarijarvi is not a ‘decent D prospect’. He is still trying to prove himself as an AHL regular who can QB a PP. It’s far more likely he never pans out than makes it at this point. Anaheim basically gets an injured Daley and a C-at-best level prospect for a 3rd rounder and a depth winger. Unless they feel they can flip Daley at the deadline for better than a 3rd is makes zero sense for them.

Reactions: RedMenace

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Always good to add a guy like Daley to a team that is always high in injuries

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d rather try and flip Daley for a pick at the TDL and hope Saarijarvi pans out than acquire those two pieces.

I think Anaheim could say the same thing though.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Even if the Ducks had the slightest interest in Daley, he ain't worth that right now. That's an overpay for any team, and its even more for the Ducks since they traded a 4th for Deslauriers a week ago.

Daley may get a 3rd at the deadline, but he needs to stay healthy.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Saarijarvi is not a ‘decent D prospect’. He is still trying to prove himself as an AHL regular who can QB a PP. It’s far more likely he never pans out than makes it at this point. Anaheim basically gets an injured Daley and a C-at-best level prospect for a 3rd rounder and a depth winger. Unless they feel they can flip Daley at the deadline for better than a 3rd is makes zero sense for them.

I see Saarijarvi in a little better light than you do, apparently.

You mean aside from giving you a guy they just signed, adding a pick and taking on additional salary to bring in 2 players they don't need?

I forgot they just signed DeLaSaurus and didn't know the Ducks' needs, which is why I asked. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad