Speculation: Anaheim and Florida/Buffalo/others deadline deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Curious where us and Florida stands. Anaheim’s GM Murray apparently doesn’t want to rebuild. But he knows Ducks are in a complete mess and likely forced to. This teams goal average is horrendous.

Ducks trade Fowler for First + at deadline.

Ducks trade Silfverberg for a late first, or 2nd + prospect at deadline.

Ducks trade Manson for top 10 pick unprotected from Florida.

Ducks draft Jack Hughes 1st overall.

Ducks draft Bowen Byram at 7th over all.

Ducks draft Nicholas Robertson from Buffalos first because they are interested in Fowler at 16.

That’s a number 1 center, top left defenseman in the draft. Also get a nice left wing from Buffalo pick.

Don’t bash me please. Just curious on hypothetical deadline deals for Anaheim.
Isn't this a little premature? No guarantee's the Ducks get the #1 overall pick nor are there any guarantee's that Florida gets #7 overall pick, Just wait until the last Saturday of April when the draft lottery occurs.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
You understand Gibson is injury prone right?

You understand Ducks are locked up in a Kesler contract right?

You understand Kase has a season ending injury right? Which we don’t know how he will play come training camp right?

You understand Eaves will likely retire right?

You understand that Kesler is a broken wheel right?

Calling it childish? It’s more realistic than you’re mind set. This team is going to rebuild whether you like it or not.

Gibson isn't injury prone. If you look it up, since 2016 he has more starts than Price, Rask, MAF, Murray, and Quick. He has two less starts than Holtby and Lundqvist and 3 starts less than Rinne... and only 100 minutes less than Holtby.

Not many goalies wouldn't get injured from constantly getting run over. Latest one is a possible concussion from his teammate.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Curious where us and Florida stands. Anaheim’s GM Murray apparently doesn’t want to rebuild. But he knows Ducks are in a complete mess and likely forced to. This teams goal average is horrendous.

Ducks draft Nicholas Robertson from Buffalos first because they are interested in Fowler at 16.

That’s a number 1 center, top left defenseman in the draft. Also get a nice left wing from Buffalo pick.

Prob a little unnecessary. Trade fowler for a 1st++, trade silf for 2nd+.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Again, bob Murray specifically and explicitly said no rebuild, just a retool, and specifically said players would only be traded for hockey trades, not futures. I’m not sure why you acknowledge that then create yet another thread that ignores that and asks for futures trades. This is a waste of everyone’s time.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
with Dahlin and Pilut emergence, I don't think a Left shot dman is a priority for Buffalo right now. (It never really was, but beggars choosers et. al.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Going to be interesting to follow the Ducks over the next while. As bad as they have been this year they still have plenty of talent that could be had for a good price.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Lets get back on track and find a way to get Manson to Buffalo...familiar names in this thread and all. No on Fowler. Let's try again...

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Its funny because when you see these posts, the OP is usually on drugs but while lucky, all of these are at least pretty darn reasonable and realistic. So while there are a lot of rolls on the dice in play, well done for keeping it pretty grounded.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
delete - I assumed the wrong name.

Fowler is interesting, however at this point he's a little too injured to guarantee. In addition Anaheim would likely need to take Scandella back at the minimum.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Ducks need a top 4 D with a heavy shot for the pp and also more grit than Fowler , youngsters coming up next year will give us more skill and speed .

Sounds like Ristolainen would be a good fit in Anaheim. Not really interested in Fowler though.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
In another thread, I suggested Risto, Nylander, and the middle of the two lower 1sts and for Manson and Henrique that a couple of Anaheim posters thought was a decent start of a trade.

not bad. Not interested in Henrique however. I'd rather simplify the deal or blow it up blockbuster style than take on adam.

Getzlaf is like the Voldemort of trade discussions for Ducks fans but still...
Pipe dreaming aside Ritchie is more up my alley. We an find a stop gap 2c other than trading assets for Henrique until Mitts is ready.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
not bad. Not interested in Henrique however. I'd rather simplify the deal or blow it up blockbuster style than take on adam.

Getzlaf is like the Voldemort of trade discussions for Ducks fans but still...
Pipe dreaming aside Ritchie is more up my alley. We an find a stop gap 2c other than trading assets for Henrique until Mitts is ready.

The point is that Henrique would be the current 2C until Mitts is ready, then swap the two so Henrique is the 3C. It's no Pittsburgh or Tampa or Toronto C depth, but still isn't that bad. Ideally though, I'd prefer a C depth of Eichel, Mitts and someone like McCann with 4C being whomever Housley or his replacement feels like putting at that position on any given night.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The point is that Henrique would be the current 2C until Mitts is ready, then swap the two so Henrique is the 3C. It's no Pittsburgh or Tampa or Toronto C depth, but still isn't that bad. Ideally though, I'd prefer a C depth of Eichel, Mitts and someone like McCann with 4C being whomever Housley or his replacement feels like putting at that position on any given night.

Sign someone like staal for free and forgoe passing up assets for Henrique...still follows your plan...less assets traded out, less term

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Sign someone like staal for free and forgoe passing up assets for Henrique...still follows your plan...less assets traded out, less term

Not a bad idea. But I think if Staal is going to sign anywhere, it will be back in Minny, Jets or even Chicago. Only because those places are closest to Thunder Bay. Which is why he signed in Minny in the first place. But if he would sign for cheap then I'm all for it.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad