Speculation: Anaheim and Florida/Buffalo/others deadline deal.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Curious where us and Florida stands. Anaheim’s GM Murray apparently doesn’t want to rebuild. But he knows Ducks are in a complete mess and likely forced to. This teams goal average is horrendous.

Ducks trade Fowler for First + at deadline.

Ducks trade Silfverberg for a late first, or 2nd + prospect at deadline.

Ducks trade Manson for top 10 pick unprotected from Florida.

Ducks draft Jack Hughes 1st overall.

Ducks draft Bowen Byram at 7th over all.

Ducks draft Nicholas Robertson from Buffalos first because they are interested in Fowler at 16.

That’s a number 1 center, top left defenseman in the draft. Also get a nice left wing from Buffalo pick.

Don’t bash me please. Just curious on hypothetical deadline deals for Anaheim.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ducks need a top 4 D with a heavy shot for the pp and also more grit than Fowler , youngsters coming up next year will give us more skill and speed .

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ducks need a top 4 D with a heavy shot for the pp and also more grit than Fowler , youngsters coming up next year will give us more skill and speed .

Ducks need to forget all about grit and join the modern era

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
My guess is Silfverberg is gonna be traded only if he won't resign until the trade deadline.
Bob Murray won't trade Manson for futures. No way in hell. And that's a good thing.
If he trades Fowler, it's gonna be a 1 for 1 trade, for a solid forward.

We won't rebuild, we won't tear down the whole team. We don't need to.
All we need is a new coach and a high-scoring forward. And there's no point in hurrying and getting them this season.

All in all, OP's proposal seems pretty childish.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Or the best of both worlds & they draft Cozens who is both Fast, skilled & 6'4 tall.

Not if Hughes is our pick. Florida’s pick won’t land Cozens. Florida should fall at 8 or so. Cozens will be taken.

Ducks is gonna be top 3 no doubt about it. And I’ll take Dach before Cozens.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not if Hughes is our pick. Florida’s pick won’t land Cozens. Florida should fall at 8 or so. Cozens will be taken.

Ducks is gonna be top 3 no doubt about it. And I’ll take Dach before Cozens.
There is no guarentee with the draft lottery with how it works now. The worst team can fall back 3 spots to #4, the #2 can fall to #5, the #3 can fall to #6, its more likely to drop 2 spots instead of 3 though if a team does drop & in most of the sims i've done of the draft lottery on Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator The Ducks move back 2 spots.

The best they can do is finish with the worst or 2nd worst record & they can't fall further than #5 in the lottery results.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Off hfboards? They like Fowler. Apparently they need a left D per fans discussion.
1. Wrong. Dahlin, Scandella, Pilut, McCabe are already here. With Beaulieu, Guhle, Hunwick as backup options. Sabres need offense, preferably at C.
2. Let's assume you would be right: Wouldn't it be easier to clearly state the trade. What does Buffalo give up for what.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
My guess is Silfverberg is gonna be traded only if he won't resign until the trade deadline.
Bob Murray won't trade Manson for futures. No way in hell. And that's a good thing.

All we need is a new coach and a high-scoring forward. And there's no point in hurrying and getting them this season.

You understand Gibson is injury prone right?

You understand Ducks are locked up in a Kesler contract right?

You understand Kase has a season ending injury right? Which we don’t know how he will play come training camp right?

You understand Eaves will likely retire right?

You understand that Kesler is a broken wheel right?

Calling it childish? It’s more realistic than you’re mind set. This team is going to rebuild whether you like it or not.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Last thing we need. The Sabres currently have 9 nhl defensemen, 6 of which play left. Top prospects are all lefty too.

Well when Fowler name came up I read Buffalo can use em in numerous proposals. If not that’s fine. We can still do business with Florida for Manson.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Well when Fowler name came up I read Buffalo can use em in numerous proposals. If not that’s fine. We can still do business with Florida for Manson.
Some people are hung up on Fowler because it was leaked out of Tim Murray's information sieve of an administration that he was trying to land Fowler. Since then, we've lost a RHD, and gained 5 LHD.
You want to talk Lindholm and Risto, well, then I'd listen, just because the quality of the player is SO much higher, but as of right now, it'd need to be something like that given the dearth of good top 4 RHD in the league. There just aren't enough.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

That's just all of his posts tbh.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Curious where us and Florida stands. Anaheim’s GM Murray apparently doesn’t want to rebuild. But he knows Ducks are in a complete mess and likely forced to. This teams goal average is horrendous.

Ducks trade Fowler for First + at deadline.

Ducks trade Silfverberg for a late first, or 2nd + prospect at deadline.

Ducks trade Manson for top 10 pick unprotected from Florida.

Ducks draft Jack Hughes 1st overall.

Ducks draft Bowen Byram at 7th over all.

Ducks draft Nicholas Robertson from Buffalos first because they are interested in Fowler at 16.

That’s a number 1 center, top left defenseman in the draft. Also get a nice left wing from Buffalo pick.

Don’t bash me please. Just curious on hypothetical deadline deals for Anaheim.

Not really speculation. More wishful thinking then anything else

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You understand Gibson is injury prone right?

<snip>

Calling it childish? It’s more realistic than you’re mind set. This team is going to rebuild whether you like it or not.

Gibson is not as injury prone as you're making him out to be. Using the last few years stats, there are only 12 goalies in the league that have played more games than him. He's played 5 less games than Holtby, 7 less than Rask and 8 less than Lundqvist and Rinne. Are they all "injury prone" too?

As to the rebuild... you can say that all you want, but what the owners are saying is "turn it around quickly". I'm pretty sure that is not some sort of secret code for "blow up the team for draft picks"

You're getting too caught up in the "shiny new toy" thing that's so prevalent on HF. We're not going to get better by selling off the good players for new "maybe good" players and keeping all the slugs.

Edmundson is exactly what we need imo... He would protect our most valuable player ( Gibson) from being abused. And also plays with an edge

He has less of an edge than Manson and isn't as good. Why are we trading Manson just to bring in a guy who does the same thing but not as well?

Also, unless you think he's going to fight his own teammates, theres not that much "protecting of Gibson" to do. It's our own players causing most of the damage

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

On what f***ing p,anet?

Just because an Anaheim proposed it...

Nit getting the top 2 1sts from buffalo Thry coukd trade the lowest in a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad