Pre-Game Talk: ANA vs EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eek. Don't see us beating Anaheim. Last couple games have been so disappointing.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Eek. Don't see us beating Anaheim. Last couple games have been so disappointing.

Totally different game tonight. Funnily enough, we no longer are that well set up to handle fast forechecking Eastern teams (Pitt/NYR) versus big plodding teams. We are more capable of handling the Anaheim's/San Jose's/LA's plodding cycle game, at least up front.

This one is a toss up though and will ultimately come down to goaltending. Given the higher return, I would bet on Oil though.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
Totally different game tonight. Funnily enough, we no longer are that well set up to handle fast forechecking Eastern teams (Pitt/NYR) versus big plodding teams. We are more capable of handling the Anaheim's/San Jose's/LA's plodding cycle game, at least up front.

This one is a toss up though and will ultimately come down to goaltending. Given the higher return, I would bet on Oil though.

Lets be honest, the oil were not actually good at handling fast forechecking teams, they just looked a lot worse against bigger teams.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
remember back like a month ago when mcdavid was scoring goals and stuff.......yeah the good ol days

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I'll be staying up late for this one, please make it worthwhile.

Now the only question is if I can watch it sober.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Need some life out of our second and third lines to win.
I'm praying Talbot can steal one if we still can't get it through our heads on how to score.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
If there's one thing this season has taught us it's the importance of the first period for the Oilers. Not just the first two minutes. We are not a team that is built to chase the score against a modern trap. We are built to strike first then capitalize on the other team's inevitable gambles. It sounds dumb, I know, but I feel like that first goal is way more important to this team than to some other teams.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think the Oilers are a better road team than home team.

If they don't get scored on within the first two minutes I think they win this game.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Need some life out of our second and third lines to win.
I'm praying Talbot can steal one if we still can't get it through our heads on how to score.

If only we had some talent in our middle 6..
Oh wait... Draisaitl, RNH, Lucic, Puljujarvi, Pitlick, Pouliot, Kassian..

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I feel a big win.

4-2 Edmonton.

McDavid x2
Eberle
Larsson

Maroon steals puck at end of game to piss off the Ducks.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I think the Oilers are a better road team than home team.

If they don't get scored on within the first two minutes I think they win this game.
This makes no sense.. You dont get to match lines on road so there cant be one single advantage playing away from home.
Lets just say that the Oilers dont suck on the road anymore because our top line doesnt get shut down by top opponent checkers.

Cant excuse the home losses on "o we are just not a good home team". Oilers lose at home because they screw up on the ice despite having the advantage of last change.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This makes no sense.. You dont get to match lines on road so there cant be one single advantage playing away from home.
Lets just say that the Oilers dont suck on the road anymore because our top line doesnt get shut down by top opponent checkers.

Cant excuse the home losses on "o we are just not a good home team". Oilers lose at home because they screw up on the ice despite having the advantage of last change.
There have been teams in the past who have been better on the road than at home for whatever reason. Maybe it's a coaching difference on both sides. Maybe it's a psychological thing.

It also wasn't presented as an excuse. He was posting that as a fan thinking maybe our chances at winning are greater than what it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad