Confirmed Trade: [ANA/OTT] Brian Gibbons for Patrick Sieloff

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sieloff was a John Wiesbrod special in the second round of the 2012 draft. I believe he and Feaster were hyping Sieloff as much as Jankowski that draft. We traded him for Chiasson because of change of scenery needed. It seems the friendly fire stuff in Ottawa soured them on Sieloff quickly and he was never given a chance. AFAIK, he was just trying to show he deserved to stick in the NHL.

Sieloff looked like a very promising defensive dman with serious grit. The only problem was that he lost nearly two years worth of development due to a miscellaneous set of illnesses and injuries.
Fully recovered, Patrick Sieloff is ready to play

He looked good in the limited viewings we saw of him, but he was definitely derailed development wise. I could be wrong, but I think he's of the same ilk of players like Deryk Engelland. An extremely useful guy, but perhaps not the most valuable guy. I think the Ducks will like him once they get him back on track.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Like Hagelin. Some team should acquire all 3 of Hagelin, Cogliano & Gibbons & put them on a 4th line together with Cogs as the center. They'd be the fastest trio to not do anything on the ice than skate around in circles passing back n forth.

Hags has 2 cups. Cogs was a big part of our core for a long time and a damn good player. No need to mock them

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hags has 2 cups. Cogs was a big part of our core for a long time and a damn good player. No need to mock them
They'd be fun 4th line to watch with their speed, they could carry the puck in & pressure another teams defense even if nothing will happen they at least keep the puck in with their speed & eat off alot of time on the clock to preserve a lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad