Proposal: Ana needs a RD

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Any of your right handed W's available? Rakell, Silfverberg, Kase, Terry?

Maybe if they got a left shot wing and right shot D back in return?

I don't think so.

Justin Faulk for Jakob Silfverberg.

He is our best winger who plays a two-way game and is leading our offensively challenged team in goals with 9, tied for most assists with 9 and has most points with 18. We aren't trading him for 0 goals 6 points in 24 game Justin Faulk.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
No one wants Faulks contract, sorry. Gonna have to wait and expose him.

Wonder if he’d even get claimed..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think he should return what Muzzin went for. There's 2 years of control on 25 minute defenseman.
Im not sayin you are wrong... and contenders might pay something similar... but toronto was seen as a top team in the east. Right now anahiem is flirting with another top 10 pick and idk that petry puts us in a posistion to make the playoffs.

The pick is prob more important to us, i dont disagree that petry could get similar package from a legit playoff team... but i dont see teams that arnt legit playoff locks movin a 1st for him. Something like guhle + 2nd(conditional 1st if ducks make playoffs) + morand or similar to this.

We need a dmen but what we will offer is on the lines of kase, ritchie, 2nd round pick, larsson/guhle.

IcedJuicebox

Feb 2, 2019
Would prefer to see if DET would consider Chytil ++ (including Strome) for Seider + and, give those mins to Andersson.

Sorry if you already got a response to this, I didnt read through all the responses, but theres no way Detroit's trading seider. The pieces you're saying to trade for him are nice, and it's a generous offer, but theres no way.
Mo Seider is currently 6th all-time for 18 year old defensemen in the AHL regarding points with 11. He'll jump to 4th with 2 more points. Your next 4 above him are Oliver Kylington with 12, Timothy Lilegren with 17, Scumbag Voynov with 23 and Rasmus Sandin with 28.
Those guys got those totals in 47, 44, 61 and 44 games respectively. Mo has only played 19.

Hes playing on the pk, quarter backing the power play, and going up against other teams top lines, he doesnt seem to have a weak spot to his game, and on top of all that, he's big, fast, and has an effing mean streak to go along with it.

Unless someone offers an elite, young top pairing player, and a decent plus to make up for the fact that mos team controlled for another 7+seasons, I dont see any body offering what it would take to get him. The amount of quality and quantity you'd have to send to the wings would gut any teams depth... It just wouldn't be worth it.

Reactions: Christien

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal fans really need to bring their value down.... petry aint bringing that back in a trade.

Petry is trending much better than Muzzin was before he was traded to the Leafs. And we are not trading our smooth skating RD for cheap. You either pay the price (Muzzin return+) or you don't. We are not desperate to trade Petry.

I might be interested in a Brook for Comtois swap though. But Brook needs some developing and I'm assuming you want someone now?

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Petry is trending much better than Muzzin was before he was traded to the Leafs. And we are not trading our smooth RD for cheap. You either pay the price (Muzzin return+) or you don't. We are not desperate to trade Petry.

I might be interested in a Brook for Comtois swap though. But Brook needs some developing and I'm assuming you want someone now?
Thats fine we didnt ask for petry, i dont think he is realisitcally on our radar.

I really dont have brooks near comtois in value.... id have 0 intetest in that as a stsrter

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Petry is trending much better than Muzzin was before he was traded to the Leafs. And we are not trading our smooth RD for cheap. You either pay the price (Muzzin return+) or you don't. We are not desperate to trade Petry.

Thats fine we didnt ask for petry, i dont think he is realisitcally on our radar.

I really dont have brooks near comtois in value.... id have 0 intetest in that as a stsrter

Reactions: voxel

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The thread says Ducks need a RD. So you can't blame Habs fans for seeing what Petry would get. You say he's too high in price so sure, you don't get him. Go after others on your "radar" but be prepared to pay the price! Good RD's like Petry don't come cheap

Comtois is a bit more matured and Brook is gaining momentum in his first AHL season. It could be a good swap for both teams but yeah, it's too early and I think both sides value their asset more than the other where they would consider it a risk to trade them. If you need a RD, you either draft one and develop them or you try to make a trade for one before they break out. Brook could be your guy and the only reason why I am offering him is we are deep at RD and we could use someone like Comtois on our LW side.

I'm assuming you are after a top 4RD? What assets are you putting on the table? Lets start with that cause it appears you want to acquire with spare parts? You tell me.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sorry if you already got a response to this, I didnt read through all the responses, but theres no way Detroit's trading seider. The pieces you're saying to trade for him are nice, and it's a generous offer, but theres no way.
Mo Seider is currently 6th all-time for 18 year old defensemen in the AHL regarding points with 11. He'll jump to 4th with 2 more points. Your next 4 above him are Oliver Kylington with 12, Timothy Lilegren with 17, ******* Voynov with 23 and Rasmus Sandin with 28.
Those guys got those totals in 47, 44, 61 and 44 games respectively. Mo has only played 19.

Hes playing on the pk, quarter backing the power play, and going up against other teams top lines, he doesnt seem to have a weak spot to his game, and on top of all that, he's big, fast, and has an effing mean streak to go along with it.

Unless someone offers an elite, young top pairing player, and a decent plus to make up for the fact that mos team controlled for another 7+seasons, I dont see any body offering what it would take to get him. The amount of quality and quantity you'd have to send to the wings would gut any teams depth... It just wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for all the time and insight in your reply.

My post was applicable here b'c it was a quick aside as to DeA availability -- not to Ana if being sent to Det.

My comment is as to an imprecise "something along the lines of" remark, not a definitive proposal.

Have been busy past wks and continued refining the concept.
I now have a specific deal and hope to post later today in a proper DET related thread.

I am sure it will be the kind of overpayment Stevie Y will demand = too much on the table to say no to. We see from his track record that even tho McDonagh deal was good enuf on its own, he went for a side deal of Miller for Namest. (did he threaten to kill McD if Gorton said no?). I could see in the same way him being uber greedy and trying to do Helm for Buchnevich separately on top of the main deal. I expect he will relent.

DET needs to add lots of guys
NYR needs to achieve certain objectives while paring down to a core.

Makes too much sense,, there is surely a deal there, win win if we agree on currency.

look for my prop later today

Reactions: IcedJuicebox

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Risto or Miller, I don't know why GMs hasn't made a deal yet. :huh:

Anaheim has been without their Top D pairing for like 11 games this season (pretty much half the season), Lindholm just returned last game and is still a little rusty. I think Murray is not going to make any moves till he see where this team is at. Right now it makes sense to make this move, since their PP and special teams are not good. So need a QB on the PP, and they need to solidify a stronger Top 4. Have too many AHL or 6 and 7 guys playing Top 4 mins. Would love to get Risto, but not going to send futures back, and not sure a one for one roster player gets it done.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The thread says Ducks need a RD. So you can't blame Habs fans for seeing what Petry would get. You say he's too high in price so sure, you don't get him. Go after others on your "radar" but be prepared to pay the price! Good RD's like Petry don't come cheap

Comtois is a bit more matured and Brook is gaining momentum in his first AHL season. It could be a good swap for both teams but yeah, it's too early and I think both sides value their asset more than the other where they would consider it a risk to trade them. If you need a RD, you either draft one and develop them or you try to make a trade for one before they break out. Brook could be your guy and the only reason why I am offering him is we are deep at RD and we could use someone like Comtois on our LW side.

I'm assuming you are after a top 4RD? What assets are you putting on the table? Lets start with that cause it appears you want to acquire with spare parts? You tell me.
Wasn't meant to be snarky, I just don't think Petry fits our age group going forward(and what you guys need/what wed be willing to offer wouldn't line up in most scenarios)… like I said I don't disagree that he should get a similar package to what the kings got for muzzin, at the same time the team getting muzzin is much different from the team that is looking for a RHD... Toronto could give up a 1st ++ because at the time it seemed like a move that would make them cup contenders... us getting Petry, helps the team but it doesn't gurentee were even a playoff team so why risk those types of futures for a RHD.

As for Comtois vs Brook, idk I don't dislike brook but I wouldn't put comtois on the table for him... I put comtois close to Poehling on value.. and im not sure you guys would trade poehling for a brook caliber prospect. Hes prob our best Wing prospect, and has a good chance of being a very good top line power forward in his career.

As far as what we would trade(whats been talked about on forums/in real life)

Kase for Faulk almost happened, Buffalo fans and Anaheim fans have agreed for the most part to trades involving Risto/Kase as the main pieces.
I think we could package Ritchie + for a top 4 dmen(Collin Miller has been mentioned before)
Our 2nd round pick, maybe even look to flip 1 of Larsson/Guhle/Mahura for a similar RHD prospect.

We need a RHD, but were also not in a position where a high pick in 2020 draft hurts the teams direction, if anything we should be rebuilding a bit.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wasn't meant to be snarky, I just don't think Petry fits our age group going forward(and what you guys need/what wed be willing to offer wouldn't line up in most scenarios)… like I said I don't disagree that he should get a similar package to what the kings got for muzzin, at the same time the team getting muzzin is much different from the team that is looking for a RHD... Toronto could give up a 1st ++ because at the time it seemed like a move that would make them cup contenders... us getting Petry, helps the team but it doesn't gurentee were even a playoff team so why risk those types of futures for a RHD.

As for Comtois vs Brook, idk I don't dislike brook but I wouldn't put comtois on the table for him... I put comtois close to Poehling on value.. and im not sure you guys would trade poehling for a brook caliber prospect. Hes prob our best Wing prospect, and has a good chance of being a very good top line power forward in his career.

As far as what we would trade(whats been talked about on forums/in real life)

Kase for Faulk almost happened, Buffalo fans and Anaheim fans have agreed for the most part to trades involving Risto/Kase as the main pieces.
I think we could package Ritchie + for a top 4 dmen(Collin Miller has been mentioned before)
Our 2nd round pick, maybe even look to flip 1 of Larsson/Guhle/Mahura for a similar RHD prospect.

We need a RHD, but were also not in a position where a high pick in 2020 draft hurts the teams direction, if anything we should be rebuilding a bit.

It's all good about Petry. Habs are not really shopping him anyways. I do respect the Ducks position of focusing on futures. Habs are in a similar spot and we will continue to load up on youth or possibly make a youth for youth trade if it fits for both sides.

Comtois for Brook is my offer. Poehling for Comtois would be fair to some but Poehling is a center and Comtois is a winger. I like both of them but the center always has more value. But I respect if you prefer to keep Comtois. We value Brook similarly but we do have a few RD options. Poehling for Comtois makes me think but I pass on that one. I prefer not to trade a center for a winger unless the winger has a lot more upside vs the center.

Maybe the Comtois for Brook offer is too early. Lets see how these two players develop this year as they play pro for the first time. It could make more sense later to make this swap once we both know how good each of them are. But if you are thin on wing with youth, I can see you keeping him

Reactions: Getz2noone

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Zadorov +Jost + 1st 2021
For
Rakell and Larsson

no-gif-baby-duck-saying-no-duckling-falling-asleep.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad