Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign O'Regan (2yr, $750k), Pateryn (1yr, $750k), Robinson (1yr, $750k) to two-way deals

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Oh well. Buddy Robinson will have his number forever a flame

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ducks picking up former Sharks.
Sharks picking up former Ducks (Bonino).
Around and around we go.
Bonino was originally a Shark draft pick ;)
Should the Sharks acquire another Italian, the Sharks can run a little italy line: Cogliano/Bonino/UFA or Trade (We have Milano if you want him)

Sharks really have drafted a lot of quality Centers over the years and it helped keep them as contenders for a long time. (Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Hertl, Bonino, Tierney)
I much like that model than us building thru Dmen that we ended up wasting them in either trades or expansion draft.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Bonino was originally a Shark draft pick ;)
Should the Sharks acquire another Italian, the Sharks can run a little italy line: Cogliano/Bonino/UFA or Trade (We have Milano if you want him)

Sharks really have drafted a lot of quality Centers over the years and it helped keep them as contenders for a long time. (Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Hertl, Bonino, Tierney)
I much like that model than us building thru Dmen that we ended up wasting them in either trades or expansion draft.

Maybe things are changing. Maybe the Ducks are looking across the freeway and seeing the wealth of Centers that the Kings have are trying to do the same. You guys have taken MacTavish, Zegras, Lundstrom, and Sam Steel lately (although Steel is probably best as a winger now that we've seen him). Can always move centers to wing if need be and the Sharks have historically put multiple centers on one line to cheat on the face-off, get kicked out but have another center to take the backup draw.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Maybe things are changing. Maybe the Ducks are looking across the freeway and seeing the wealth of Centers that the Kings have are trying to do the same. You guys have taken MacTavish, Zegras, Lundstrom, and Sam Steel lately (although Steel is probably best as a winger now that we've seen him). Can always move centers to wing if need be and the Sharks have historically put multiple centers on one line to cheat on the face-off, get kicked out but have another center to take the backup draw.
Yeah Steel is more of a LW now but GM doesn't realize that yet.
Its funny how long Murray and Doug Wilson have stayed with running 1 team.
So much loyalty from ownership and neither have ever done a full on rebuild like LA did.

Don't know if its the same with Sharks situation but we can't really afford to scorched earth rebuild because our fans will not go to games if they suck that badly.
While the Kings are lucky LA is so big they will still have fans regardless.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yeah Steel is more of a LW now but GM doesn't realize that yet.
Its funny how long Murray and Doug Wilson have stayed with running 1 team.
So much loyalty from ownership and neither have ever done a full on rebuild like LA did.

Don't know if its the same with Sharks situation but we can't really afford to scorched earth rebuild because our fans will not go to games if they suck that badly.
While the Kings are lucky LA is so big they will still have fans regardless.

Haha that's kinda like the Sharks but kinda not. As much as HFSharks want to go scorched earth rebuild, GM Doug Wilson's actions and words point to another "refresh" for us. It also seems that the Sharks brass is feeling the effects of the lack of playoff revenue and declining fan attendance too. I'm sure we can afford a rebuild (our owner is stinkin rich) but it seems that Plattner has directed DW to try to win.

Or quite possibly, this is DW's last chance to get the team to the Cup finals or he will be fired. But we will see really soon for us. Hertl hasn't been signed to an extension yet and the deadline to sign our own players to 8-yr contracts is past so he might get traded pretty soon.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Haha that's kinda like the Sharks but kinda not. As much as HFSharks want to go scorched earth rebuild, GM Doug Wilson's actions and words point to another "refresh" for us. It also seems that the Sharks brass is feeling the effects of the lack of playoff revenue and declining fan attendance too. I'm sure we can afford a rebuild (our owner is stinkin rich) but it seems that Plattner has directed DW to try to win.

Or quite possibly, this is DW's last chance to get the team to the Cup finals or he will be fired. But we will see really soon for us. Hertl hasn't been signed to an extension yet and the deadline to sign our own players to 8-yr contracts is past so he might get traded pretty soon.
That dreaded playoff revenue. They got their 20mil from Seattle but still want more.
San Jose is not alone in wanting to win, we are gonna try to win as well given what Getzlaf said today (i guess alot of faith in Zegras/Drysdale)
but i just don't see how Ducks aren't bottom 3 team.

Maybe Sharks should compete because it'll be while anyways waiting for Vlasic to come off the books and Kane/Hertl/Couture are still quite good players
and a blue chip prospect like Eklund can change things quickly.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Pateryn is still playing? I thought he faded off into the distance.
He was mostly in the taxi squad or minors with Minnesota/Colorado then San Jose last season.

Ever since Pateryn left Dallas 3 seasons ago and signed that 3 year 6.75mil deal with Minnesota he hasn’t been as effective, also dealt with a back injury that further nullified his effectiveness and skating in the defensive zone, at best Pateryn is an 8th-9th defenseman injury call up but he could be a veteran guy to lean on with the Gulls.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
If this isnt the best thread title I've ever walked into, I dont know what is.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
That dreaded playoff revenue. They got their 20mil from Seattle but still want more.
San Jose is not alone in wanting to win, we are gonna try to win as well given what Getzlaf said today (i guess alot of faith in Zegras/Drysdale)
but i just don't see how Ducks aren't bottom 3 team.

Maybe Sharks should compete because it'll be while anyways waiting for Vlasic to come off the books and Kane/Hertl/Couture are still quite good players
and a blue chip prospect like Eklund can change things quickly.
Ducks should be back on track soonish as well. You guys have a long headstart on collecting blue chips, provided they turn out that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad