Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Luca Sbisa (1 year, $750k)

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
tumblr_mz9osvAgUK1r1uwvwo2_500.png

Oct 18, 2011
It's a little strange, but they need a veteran presence on that blueline in Anaheim AND San Diego and those types of players won't 2-way. I likMDZe this move a lot more than the Del Zotto signing. Del Zotto is a cancer. Even if Sbisa is not very good and is more of a 7/8/9, Sbisa actually has leadership qualities and can steer those young kids in a better direction.
MDZ has actually played really well so far to start the season

Reactions: robbieboy3686

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm not talking about his level of play. I'm talking about how he influences younger players and the example he sets.

Well the Ducks had him around last year while the GM was on the bench, and brought him back despite having a very young roster. I'm not suggesting there weren't such issues in the past but it's possible he's done some growing up over the years.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
honestly some of the games of vegas he looked half decent

That was the Nate Schmidt effect. Schmidt props up every partner he has. After his injury Sbisa spent most of his time with Miller/Merrill/Hunt on the 3rd pair and was a total trainwreck.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and pbgoalie

lawrence

May 19, 2012
honestly some of the games of vegas he looked half decent

He was actually looking good for the Vegas knights during their playoff run right up until the last 3 games against the Caps?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think there's too many Luca Sbisa's in the NHL, still. 500-1000 career game players, who really never been,were NHL level players to begin with,but rather out of necessity, these players keep playing and staying in the NHL, even if there are, were much better players, younger player who could (of been) play(ing) in the NHL instead.

No ill will towards Luca Sbisa but there are tons of better players what Luca Sbisa.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I think there's too many Luca Sbisa's in the NHL, still. 500-1000 career game players, who really never been,were NHL level players to begin with,but rather out of necessity, these players keep playing and staying in the NHL, even if there are, were much better players, younger player who could (of been) play(ing) in the NHL instead.

No ill will towards Luca Sbisa but there are tons of better players what Luca Sbisa.
If there are many of those types of players in the NHL, they actually are NHL level players. Only low NHL level, but still NHL level players, as there aren't players out there, who actually do better. Sbisa and his company aren't exciting players, as they are relatively weak players. But there will always be a worst tier of players in the NHL and some posters like you will call them not NHL level players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad