Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Ducks claim Lucas Elvenes off waivers from Golden Knights

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The fact that they just went with 2 other rookie call ups while a bunch of forwards are in protocol speaks volumes. Vegas/Henderson was the worst situation for him, as they're in a sink or swim approach to prospects like Lou/Trotz with NYI. They only need a handful of kids competing for a top 6 spot in the future, and Dorofeyev & Dugan have clearly surpassed him the past 2 years. They've also made a big deal about the attitudes of Kolesar, Leschyshyn & Rondbjerg in camp the past few years.

He asked for either an opportunity or to get a fresh start back in Sweden, they chose the latter. Message sent to the kids(and this is going back to Glass): play the right way or don't play at all. You can't really fault them yet as Leschyshyn, Rondbjerg, Jones & Cotter made the most of their opportunities this year.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
From what I had read in scouting reports and by his prior year's AHL numbers, I really thought he was a legit NHL prospect. Cool to see he's reporting to SD and giving it another shot.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What happened to him Vegas/Henderson fans? I thought he was held in high regard within the organization

Has been getting passed up internally. I would have liked to see him get a shot at some point, but I think it was clear Vegas values some of their other wingers more

kevistar

Oct 11, 2017
I feel like this is the first time in a long time that I've seen someone on termination waivers actually getting claimed.

I'm curious, when was the last time that a player was claimed on termination waiver if it ever happened?

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Doesn't have terrible stats in the A even if it's a bit of a downer year but is still young at 22, Vegas fans why not keep him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad