Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Ducks claim Lucas Elvenes off waivers from Golden Knights

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
What happens now? He has to stay in NHL/AHL?

No if Elvenes doesn't want to stay in North America, the Ducks can loan him to Europe but his contract remains on the books. (Won't impact the salary cap but it will still count against the 50-contract limit.)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
No if Elvenes doesn't want to stay in North America, the Ducks can loan him to Europe but his contract remains on the books. (Won't impact the salary cap but it will still count against the 50-contract limit.)
So Vegas probably just wanted the extra contract spot?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So Vegas probably just wanted the extra contract spot?
Well they can't just terminate a guy because they want a spot. He has to have done something that was considered a breach, or agreed to it. No breaches have been mentioned. So presumably it was a mutual agreement. Which he would presumably have agreed to because he had a place lined up to go back to in Europe where he could make more money and have more fun playing again.

Reactions: uncleben

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If he was going to play in the NHL this would make sense, but he's being assigned to SD. Surprised he'd be willing to play there but not Henderson.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
OK but now that the Ducks terminated the termination waiver, they're going to keep him hostage right? At least Disneyland is nearby.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What happened to him Vegas/Henderson fans? I thought he was held in high regard within the organization

His play just fell off after the pause in 2020, but even then I don't think they were terribly high on him. He wasn't invited to the bubble that year, and he didn't see many preseason games.

He definitely needs a change of scenery.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What happened to him Vegas/Henderson fans? I thought he was held in high regard within the organization
My impression of him is that he's always had tunnel vision. Has the physical tools and some skills that could very easily be NHL level but he just doesn't have what it takes imo. AHL move for Anaheim at best.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Vegas should've included him in the Eichel trade if they were going to just get rid of him. I think he still has very good potential to be a very good player. Not a star, but a very effective hockey player.

If all goes bad, I see him being a very good KHL star.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas should've included him in the Eichel trade if they were going to just get rid of him. I think he still has very good potential to be a very good player. Not a star, but a very effective hockey player.

If all goes bad, I see him being a very good KHL star.

I think he was offered (his name was out there in some Sabres rumors) but Adams must have watched him play this year so they quickly lost interest.

Kind of like Niku, except instead of signing him for a higher cap hit they just claimed him.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Lucas has the tools to become an effective two-way forward like his uncles and father. Vegas wasnt a good fit I think. But I also dont think the ducks is a better place for him. Hes defo going to europe unless another team picks him up at the deadline. Somewhere like Seattle would most likely be a good place for him to develop at the nhl level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad