Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Ducks claim D Gustav Lindstrom off waivers from the Canadiens

Jul 6, 2016
guy we got for Jeff Petry

he's not much, don't get any hope.
He was not bad at all when they used him, and he scored 3 goals in 14 games. But Habs did not need him at all with all their other D-men healthy and Xhekaj in Laval waiting to come back.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I was a little bit surprised when he cleared the first time. Not surprised he didn't clear this time. At this point in the dog days on the season, there are just too many teams with injuries or holes that they've discovered in their depth. A big RHD is going to get a flyer from someone like this, even if it's just a placeholder. Curious how many other teams put in a claim that he just didn't make it to.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This strikes me as a depth move for when they eventually trade Lyubushkin - which could be sooner rather than later. A guy to fill out the roster for the rest of the year

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
just the positives…..Gustav is a 6-7 on a .500 or below team. He’s got decent size, skates well and coming into his prime years (traditionally) for NHL D. at 25. Like the Ducks the Habs are loaded with young D…. kids & prospects at all levels, their best overall D is 21 year old Guhle.
I had 4 teams open to picking up Lindstrom on waivers, good luck kid.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
just the positives…..Gustav is a 6-7 on a .500 or below team. He’s got decent size, skates well and coming into his prime years (traditionally) for NHL D. at 25. Like the Ducks the Habs are loaded with young D…. kids & prospects at all levels, their best overall D is 21 year old Guhle.
I had 4 teams open to picking up Lindstrom on waivers, good luck kid.
We just need him to play (hopefully) a #6 role until Mintyukov or (less likely) Luneau get back. Then be the #7. It's just been a terrible season for injuries, we haven't had a single game with a healthy lineup

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
We just need him to play (hopefully) a #6 role until Mintyukov or (less likely) Luneau get back. Then be the #7. It's just been a terrible season for injuries, we haven't had a single game with a healthy lineup
I watched Luneau live in junior many times, he’s gonna be a player, good pick in the second round.

Reactions: lwvs84

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
How is the cost of a waiver claim calculated?
The waiver cost is based on how many years they have been under contract (and goalies are more expensive than skaters).
The less experience they have, the higher the waiver price.

The idea can essentially be summed up as, a team has put development time into a young kid, and while they may not be ready for the NHL roster, the younger (less experienced) they are, the more room there is for growth/for the original team to end up having lost something of value.

So if you look at a skater with 2 contract years and is claimed in his first year of waiver eligibility, the $67,500 waiver price is kind of, "thanks for incubating this player, we'll take it from here. Here's a nickel for your time".
But a skater with +10 years on contract, well, if they're not making the roster at that time you pretty much know what type of player they are, so, "here's a $7,500 penny for your thoughts."

• Love
Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad