Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Ducks claim D Gustav Lindstrom off waivers from the Canadiens

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Farewell sweet prince

O202668-ca713-3830992525.jpg

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
guy we got for Jeff Petry

he's not much, don't get any hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wait.. I thought Anaheim were loaded on D?

As others mentioned they just traded Jamie Drysdale who was averaging 21:35 a game. Seemed like the plan was to send Tristan Luneau back to juniors. He missed the WJC with a viral infection but left a good impression.

The only other RHD in the AHL is Drew Helleson. My buddy is a season ticket holder for the Gulls and he didn't have many kind things to say about him. Olen Zellweger has been doing well in SD but probably makes sense not to throw him into the NHL right now.

WJC was the first time I saw Rodwin Dionicio and color me impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing him with the Gulls in the near future.

Claiming a guy like Lindstrom isn't a long term move by any means. Anaheim already has a couple first year pros (Mintyukov/LaCombe) patrolling the blue line, so they probably don't want a third. Ie, not doing what Mike Milbury did in the late 90's.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As others mentioned they just traded Jamie Drysdale who was averaging 21:35 a game. Seemed like the plan was to send Tristan Luneau back to juniors. He missed the WJC with a viral infection but left a good impression.

The only other RHD in the AHL is Drew Helleson. My buddy is a season ticket holder for the Gulls and he didn't have many kind things to say about him. Olen Zellweger has been doing well in SD but probably makes sense not to throw him into the NHL right now.

WJC was the first time I saw Rodwin Dionicio and color me impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing him with the Gulls in the near future.

Claiming a guy like Lindstrom isn't a long term move by any means. Anaheim already has a couple first year pros (Mintyukov/LaCombe) patrolling the blue line, so they probably don't want a third. Ie, not doing what Mike Milbury did in the late 90's.

Helleson hasn't drawn a lot of praise for his play in the AHL, but then didn't look out of place when given an NHL cup of coffee last season.

But agree with your post, a placeholder RHD makes sense.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s a player Verbeek knows well.

They’re not going to just randomly start playing kids who aren’t ready for consistent NHL action yet. Especially when they don’t have many guys to protect them, while still producing themselves.

If someone’s ready, they’ll play on a nightly basis. Until then, you play the Lindstrom’s of the world.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He'll be a fine placeholder.

Just don't expect someone a coach can play in a 5-0 loss to stop kids from getting cratered.

I think Montreal was hoping he'd clear and might then be depth if ever Savard were moved at the deadline.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
didn't make it very far. I suspect a number of teams put a claim in

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
didn't make it very far. I suspect a number of teams put a claim in

Other teams may have put claims in. However, if there were at least two teams that actually needed Lindstrom, and not in a "let's just roll the dice here, our season is a write off anyway" kind of way, MTL would have gotten something for him in a trade. Like a 7th rounder or something.

Reactions: jrom and Ciao

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wait.. I thought Anaheim were loaded on D?
Luneau is injured and will be sent back to juniors as a result, Mintyukov might be out for a little while, Zellweger is still in the NHL being developed for professional level hockey as he wasn't quite ready at the start of the year. Prospect development doesn't happen overnight. Guys like Mintyukov are the exception. Not the rule.

This is probably a pure #7 pickup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad