Confirmed Trade: [ANA/BUF] Ilya Lyubushkin for MIN 2025 4th

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
As a Buffalo fan, I really enjoyed his game last year. He was fantastic for the first part of the season, but injury definitely slowed him down in the middle of the year. He is likely going to be prone to injury with his style.

Anyway, solves an issue for Buffalo and clears the log jam a bit.

Reactions: Chainshot

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A Mintyukov - Lyubushkin pairing would be most interesting to watch.

I think Minty is going to marinate in San Diego for most if not all the season, but could be potentially be called up later in the season if he is playing very well with the Gulls, and if Lyubushkin is still there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With this pick up 16 million in space

Long term deals for Zegras and Drysdale? How much each ?
Drysdale won’t be very much on a bridge deal.

Zegras prob 8-9 long term, but I imagine he bridges too unfortunately… zegras def the type to bet on himself

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
As a Buffalo fan, I really enjoyed his game last year. He was fantastic for the first part of the season, but injury definitely slowed him down in the middle of the year. He is likely going to be prone to injury with his style.

Anyway, solves an issue for Buffalo and clears the log jam a bit.

What issue does it solve? Getting rid of the depth we needed. Stillman is now the number 7 guy and this all but guarantees Bryson or Clague see NHL time this year. Every team gets down to its number 8 d man at some point. Another year with Bryson playing games. LOL. And we have tons of cap room. I really hope another deal is coming.

Reactions: DJN21

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
What issue does it solve? Getting rid of the depth we needed. Stillman is now the number 7 guy and this all but guarantees Bryson or Clague see NHL time this year. Every team gets down to its number 8 d man at some point. Another year with Bryson playing games. LOL. And we have tons of cap room. I really hope another deal is coming.

If teams are willing to trade draft picks for Boosh, then he wasn’t going to survive waivers. And he is not only a #8, but can only file a role if Clifton or Johnson are out. That’s not the type of No. 8 you keep on the main roster. I think Sabres fans would have loved to keep him as depth, but unfortunately it wasn’t really an option.

But Sabres shouldn’t trade any more depth. Bryson and Clague are a good/fine No. 8 and 9. You have legit prospects after that they may be ready for some games. It’s pretty good depth

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I thought Buff liked Boosh? I know I did in Toronto. Low event dmen are good on the 3rd pair

They went on a mini shopping spree this offseason and signed Erik Johnson + Connor Clifton. Buffalo had eight D under one way deals plus Owen Power, so they had to move somebody or they'd have an expensive healthy scratch / subject somebody to waivers.

LD: Dahlin (could play right side)-Power-Samuelsson-Stillman-Bryson
RD: Jokiharju-Clifton-Johnson

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Boosh would not have cleared waivers. Good pickup for ducks. Solid bottom 3rd par d with grit. Can play some top 4 time when called on

Too many d in buffalo and some cap relef

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Not a bad trade. Sabres signing 2 RD as UFAs put the writing on the wall that atleast 1 of the non waiver eligibles would get traded. When healthy (on paper) they look much more balanced.

Sammy-Dahlin
Power-EJ/Clifton
Joker-EJ/Clifton - One has to play offhand

7th D from Clague,Bryson,Stillman, whoever winds camp battle (I think Stillman is a good option personally).

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
With the percentage of fourth rounders that really “make it” I am pretty happy with this trade. We have a surplus of picks and a deficit of rhd. If he plays well enough to help and maybe pick up a pick at the deadline it’s a solid move. We aren’t going to compete at a high level, but would be nice to see compete levels higher within the defense end

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I thought Buff liked Boosh? I know I did in Toronto. Low event dmen are good on the 3rd pair

Pushed out by this summer's UFA additions. We've got 3 other RHD now in Jokiharju, Johnson, and Clifton, plus Dahlin as a lefty who thrives playing on his off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad