Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Brogan Rafferty signs with the Ducks (1 year, $750k)

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I watched many games of this kid and he just didn't get an opportunity at the nhl level. He had one chance and he clearly felt uncomfortable to play his offensively minded game. If this kid is given a chance to get comfortable he is a hell of a player.

Plays very similar to Jack Rathbone who Vancouver loves.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I hope to see him get a chance, but is a long shot at this stage. He is 26, played a total of 1 game last season, and is legally blind in 1 eye. Gonna be an uphill battle to establish an NHL career, but I hope he does.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
The guy doesn't look like an NHL defender at all when playing in the AHL, his game just doesn't look like it will translate at all. But considering he got literally no shot, he is at least worth that. He can really put up points in the AHL, and he is that highly coveted RHD.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Nobody could have FRANKED up the Taxi squad more than Vancouver did last season

Absolutely Nobody
It still blows my mind how short sighted this organization was last year with that dynamic

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He was basically stapled to the bench after his literal first shift this season. Caught flat footed and resulted in a goal against lol Green was not impressed. He should’ve been given a longer look though.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He was basically stapled to the bench after his literal first shift this season. Caught flat footed and resulted in a goal against lol Green was not impressed. He should’ve been given a longer look though.

The game he was in was the worst game of the canucks season. It was basically 6 rookie nhl dmen. Hard to blame any one player for how that game went.

He played 14 minutes total with 3 minutes penalty kill in a 7-3 loss and was only -1. In first NHL game having not really played any AHL or NHL games cuz he was on the covid crew or whatever they called it.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Could potentially carve out a Yannick Weber type career. Decent signing.

While I understand what you mean, it's worth noting that Rafferty is only 6 years younger than Weber, who just retired from the NHL. By this point, Weber had already played like 230 of his 500-someodd career GP.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He is towards the end of his development curve so he needs to play in the NHL. If he doesn't make it this year my prediction is the KHL.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I watched many games of this kid and he just didn't get an opportunity at the nhl level. He had one chance and he clearly felt uncomfortable to play his offensively minded game. If this kid is given a chance to get comfortable he is a hell of a player.

Plays very similar to Jack Rathbone who Vancouver loves.

No he doesnt and quite frankly he isnt even close on a development curve level. Rathbone is 22 Rafferty is 26. One looks like a top 4 Dman the other is on his last ligament shot at making an NHL roster. Green was playing Chatfield over Rafferty and Chatfield was god awful last year that says a lot

Reactions: flying v 604

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad